cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Power Going to Ruckus 510 AP When Connected to the C1 & C2 Ports on ICX-7150-C12P

davergas
New Contributor

Had recent power outage and performance on the Ruckus system degraded.  I did a power cycle and reset of the Ruckus ICX-7150 per usual but this time after I hooked everything back up the APs did not come back on.  My internet is working fine via my regular router and broadcasting signals and I am able to connect.  There are no amber lights on the Ruckus switch and all lights/are green and show a signal transfer is occurring.  I checked the C1 and C2 ports and they do not have any lights indicating transfers when I have my cables plugged in.  To test the cables I plugged them into the downlink ports and that triggered the Power to come on the APs, but obviously no signal was broadcast.  I attempted a master reset of the APs with the power on from the downlinks and was able to bring up the Configure Me on the Ruckus Unleased app and run the configuration, but no signal could be broadcast from those so I moved the cables back over to the C1 & C2 ports but it went back to having no Power.  At this point I'm at a loss

3 REPLIES 3

Sgatjens

Hi @davergas 

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the information you shared.

As per the case description, I understand that your RUCKUS setup is not working, and Access Points do not have power.

Could you please let us know the answers to the below queries to assist you better?

1. Was this working before or is it a new installation? If it worked before, was there any power outage before you started facing this issue?
  2. On your switch while it's plugged into the outlet, do you see any lights on? (Amber or green) Please let us know which lights are on. (Please refer to the below picture and share a picture of the same, showing the light status and the FULL Switch panel cable connections to the Switch ports)

3. Is your Internet Connection from the Internet Service Provider (ISP) stable and working? (You could check this by connecting to your local router Wi-Fi or from an ethernet cable from the Router to a laptop/PC).
  4. May I know how many Access Points are connected to the Switch? Could you please let me know the light status on the Access Points? Any of these lights are on (Please refer to the below picture and share a picture of the same)

Please help us with pictures of your ICX-7150-C12P Switch showing the status of the lights and cable connections to the Switch ports. Also, light the status of Access Points.

Before uploading the photos please log in to the RUCKUS account and you can upload the image.

Please let us know the answers to ALL the above queries or let us know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Kind regards,

Sofia Gätjens

Could you please let us know the answers to the below queries to assist you better?

1. Was this working before or is it a new installation? If it worked before, was there any power outage before you started facing this issue?  ANSWER:  This worked before.  We built the home and have been using the switch since we moved in.  There was a brief power outage prior to us having this issue.  Whenever this happens we typically have issues with performance but it's always been fixed by doing a full power cycle on the unit and then a reset.  This time though the switches didn't come back on.
  2. On your switch while it's plugged into the outlet, do you see any lights on? (Amber or green) Please let us know which lights are on. (Please refer to the below picture and share a picture of the same, showing the light status and the FULL Switch panel cable connections to the Switch ports) ANSWER:  I am attaching pictures for you to view of the switch.  There are no amber lights on.
  3. Is your Internet Connection from the Internet Service Provider (ISP) stable and working? (You could check this by connecting to your local router Wi-Fi or from an ethernet cable from the Router to a laptop/PC).  ANSWER:  Internet is working fine from the provider.  I'm now having to run everything off the Netgear router we use as the pass thru to the switch.
  4. May I know how many Access Points are connected to the Switch? Could you please let me know the light status on the Access Points? Any of these lights are on (Please refer to the below picture and share a picture of the same).  ANSWER:  There are two switches (one upstairs and one downstairs)  The switch does not come on with any lights when I have the cables plugged into the C1/C2 ports.  As I stated in the original post I plugged these cables into one of the downlink ports on the switch to test them and the switch then came on and the PWR and CTL lights did come on at that point but when I switched it back to the C1/C2 ports it went back to nothingSystem Lights 1System Lights 1System Lights 2System Lights 2System Lights 3System Lights 3AP Lights - cables are plugged into switch at this timeAP Lights - cables are plugged into switch at this time

Hello @davergas 

Kindly review the following guide to ensure proper cable connections:

Most common Setups for Lennar homes users
https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/Most-common-Setups-for-Lenna...

Kind regards,

Sofia Gätjens