cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No PoE, dead switch

Tkanth
New Contributor

Hello, I have a ruckus switch with 2 APs that no longer receive power. The power light is green on the switch and the syst light is amber. Please advise on getting a RMA authorized for a new switch. 

11 REPLIES 11

Hi @Tkanth 

Thanks for your response.

Please confirm whether you have performed the software recovery process or not. If yes please share the screenshot of the image showing "Ping Alive" response in your CLI.

Please let us know if you have any queries in this regard.

Best regards,

Jayavidhya

Lennar Home Community

Under the link on How to perform a Software recovery on an ICX7150 switch, I am unable to get past the step in which I locate the COM  number.  I am unable to post any pictures from my phone for some reason. The only COM ports shown on my computer are port 3. When I load COM 3 as stated in the instructions, I get an error in Putty. That error states that the system is not able to find the file specified. Under other devices in the device manager, I see a device called CP2104 USB to UART Bridge Controller. That device seems to be the switch. Please advise. 

Hi @Tkanth 

Please install the driver for windows to recognize the USB connections of the devices.

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/software/1414-brocade-ruckus-7150-usb-serial-driver-windows

Once you have downloaded the driver please try to reboot the devices (Laptop/PC).

Once you are done with the above process please try to reconnect the console cable between the computer and the Switch and check whether you are able to find the COM port number or not.

Yarenis_0-1670538810007.png

If the issue persists please share the image of the switch and the devices( Laptop/PC) showing cable connections.

Please let us know if you have any queries in this regard.

Best regards,

Jayavidhya

Lennar Home Community

I have installed the driver you specified. I am now able to open Putty but am not able to do anything once it is open. There is a green box on the top left of the screen and nothing else. 

Hi @Tkanth 

Thanks for your response.

Please share the screenshot of the error you are getting while following the steps.

Best regards,

Jayavidhya

Lennar Home Community