cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Clue where to begin. Wifi up and running but extenders not, upstairs Wifi slow.

EB
New Contributor

Hella All,

I recently moved in with the my SO into her Lennar home, she has been in here for a year and the Wifi has been up and running since, but she has not touched the extenders at all. Right now I see one has green light on the powere (upstairs unit) but the downstairs unit is Red. I have no clue where to begin or how to start. Tried logging in with the mobile app but we don't know the admin name or password.

Any help on where to even begin? We have the highest bandwidth service possible but upstairs the internet is hardly enough for an xbox or streaming.

3 REPLIES 3

Yarenis

Hi @EB 

If the slow connectivity started after a power outage or similar, there is a possibility that when the Switch came back (this is the white box in the cabinet called Ruckus) it may be booting from the wrong partition called routing code, and will cause slow connectivity on your network to all devices connected to it including the Access Points you called Extenders, follow up the next steps:

1:Try to gain access to the Unleashed System with the APP using the next combination of credentials:

Once you gain access, check if the Switch is showing and locate the IP address of the Swith (for the error of the routing code may name the switch ICX7150-router).

Username:                      Passwords:

admin                             sp-admin

Lennar

lennar

ruckus

Ruckus!

Ruckus1

admin

password

2:ow you know the IP address of the Switch, follow-up the next guide, which also explained to you how to find the IP address in case the access with the APP failed.

How to Fix Routing code issues on Lennar Home users via Web GUI.

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-Fix-Routing-code-issu...

Best regards,

Yarenis Hernández

Technical Support Engineer | L2 TAC Wired

EB
New Contributor

I don't believe that is the case becasue streaming downstairs next to the router is perfectly fine and has no speed issues. It is upsatirs away from the router. The extender up here is a slow blinking green PWR with a fast blinking green CTRL. The downstairs extender is a red PWR. I have no clue how to ge them up and running. 

As a note, we have wifi and the password for that works.

Hi @EB 

As you mentioned, the Access Point that is not working is PWR red, so this means the unit is stuck Boot up in process, please follow up the next steps:

1:Reboot the unit by disconnecting the Ethernet cable from the Switch, wait at lease one minute to reconnect it back in.(if the issue persists move to steps#1)

2:Move the working Access Point to the no working Access Point port, so we can discard is the issue is the port in the Switch. (if the working Access Point works fine on both port, move to the steps#3)

Note: the yellow ports are the Ethernet ports where the Access Point must be connected to the Switch.

Yarenis_0-1668708981276.png

3:Remove the Access Point from the ceiling and or if you can do it from the same ceiling great, and perform a factory reset let me add the guide to perform this step, please provide the results.

Physical Factory Reset Access Points Ruckus

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/Physical-Factory-Reset-an-Ac...

Note: The passwords I have shared, is to access the Unleashed application.

Best regards,

Yarenis Hernández

Technical Support Engineer | L2 TAC Wired