cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to Lennar Community Home

sheevip
New Contributor

Recently moved into my new house that was built in 2019. A R510 access point (Ruckus Wireless ZoneFlex R510) was setup for the previous owners. 

Here is a summary of the current setup:

1. Modem plugged into router

2. Router plugged into ruckus icx 7150-c12p switch 

3. Ethernet runs from ruckus icx 7150-c12p switch to the R510 

4. Power LED is solid green. the 5G and 2.4G LEDs are blinking green. 

I am trying setup first time and really not sure if I am missing anything, I dont have earlier AP wifi name or any password. I attempted to factory reset and follow the "R510 Access Point Quick Setup Guide", but no luck. After the power LED going solid red for a few seconds, It reverts back to the LED status described above after 1-2 minutes, and I can't log in to the device because the username/PW isn't resetting. (Previous owners didn't leave me their password obviously). 

What steps do I need to take to get this setup correctly, currently even I dont see configure.me.XXXX as wifi name available, however it shows recover.me.XXXX as wifi name but it asks for the password to connect that I dont have.

5 REPLIES 5

Imran_ruckus

Hi @sheevip 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting Lennar Home Community.

Hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the detailed information you shared.

As per the case description, I could understand that you need assistance in configuration of your RUCKUS setup.

Could you please let us know the answers to the below queries to assist you better?

1. On your switch while it's plugged into the outlet, do you see any lights on? (Amber or green) Please let us know which lights are on. (Please refer to the below picture and share a picture of the same showing the light status and ethernet cable connections on the Switch panel)

2. May I know how many R510 Access Points are connected to the Switch?

Please help us with pictures of your ICX-7150-C12P Switch showing the status of the lights. Also, light the status of Access Points.

Before uploading the photos please log in to the RUCKUS account and you can upload the image.

Please let us know the answers to the above queries or if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Lennar Home Community.

Hi Imran,

Thanks for quick response please find picture of the Switch and 2 APsIMG_9871.jpgIMG_9872.jpgIMG_9873.jpg

Hi @sheevip 

Greetings of the day!!!

Thank you for the response and the information you shared.

The light status of the ICX-7150-C12P Switch and R510 Access Points are normal. 

Please follow the below process to factory reset your APs to configure them with a new SSID.

IMPORTANT NOTE: To perform a factory reset correctly on one of the access points, you must disconnect the rest of your other access points from the "ICX-7150-switch". For example, if you have 3 access points, you should go to the switch and disconnect 2 of the cables to turn off the "2 access points" and only leave 1 connected with which we are going to work the factory reset once you configure the access point and make sure all is good, go ahead and reconnect the other Access Points back.

Physical Factory Reset of RUCKUS Access Point:

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/Physical-Factory-Reset-an-Ac...

Ruckus Unleashed Set-up using your Mobile:

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/Ruckus-Unleashed-Set-up-usin...

Ruckus Unleashed Set-up using Web:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8I5aVwMNMg

Password recovery setup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqnG8fupaLk

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Lennar Home Community.

Thank you @Imran_ruckus This definitely helped. I got everything resolved, I think I was missing to remove non-master APs before resetting Master.