cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Lennar Home and Slow Internet Speeds

derek_7577
New Contributor II

I purchased a new Lennar townhome in Spring 2021. It has 4xR510 WAPs all connected to a ICX7150 switch running over Cat6e. We have Verizon Fios 1gb service. When i perform a Verizon speed test it says the the download speed is ~950mbps to the router and if i connect directly to the Verizon router with a device i get ~650mpbs. Once I connect a device through the existing Ruckus network the speed drops to ~40mbps.

I've updated the firmware on the APs and followed the general troubleshooting tips of rebooting devices, etc.

What else can i do?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

syamantakomer
Community Admin
Community Admin

Hi Derek,

Please check below points:

• Check if AP is connected to Ethernet with 1000/full speed/duplex.
    - You can check by running AP CLI command "get eth" and also on GUI.
  • Try to disable 2.4G radio and then connect to 5G radio and see if speed improves.
  • Check if all the devices showing 40M speed or only specific devices.
  • Check if clients are not connecting to their nearest APs and not far APs (sticky client behavior). If you see sticky client behavior, change the BSS minrate on WLAN advance configuration from default to 12Mbsp.

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

@syamantak_omer
I verified all settings you mentioned and tested multiple devices. Sadly it didn't alleviate the issue. Thanks though!

The Switch that came with our home was defective and needed to be replaced by the manufacturer. The customer support from Ryan M. @ Wave Technologies was superb and walked me through the process perfectly. Big thanks to them!

Glad to you issue has been fixed!

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn