cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My RUCKUS APs are keep going offline frequently

chandugutti1987
New Contributor

My RUCKUS APs are keep going offline frequently, it used to work pretty well but since past 1 month I am having this issue. It is causing instability to my home network, please advise me the next steps.

Thanks,

Chandu.

10 REPLIES 10

Hi Imran,

I dont understand how it is SSID related when my complete AP is going offline, I mean I dont see any lights on my AP when it is offline.

Thanks,

Chandu.

Hi @chandugutti1987 

Thank you for the response and the information you shared.

Could you please let me know if you see this issue on your All APs or only one AP?

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Hi Imran,

It is happening on both the APs, but I see one of them is more frequent compared to other. '18:7c:0b:3d:a1:10' is going offline more frequently.

Thanks,

Chandu.

Hi @chandugutti1987 

Thank you for the response and the information you shared.

You can try to unplug and plug the ISP (Internet Service Provider’s) Router/Modem-Router combo and APs ethernet cable to any other 1 in-12 ports as highlighted in the below screenshot.

If you still face similar issues, we may have to proceed with the factory reset of the APs. Please follow the below process to factory reset your APs and configure them with a new Wi-Fi SSID.

IMPORTANT NOTE: To perform a factory reset correctly on one of the access points, you must disconnect the rest of your other access points from the "ICX-7150-switch". For example, if you have 3 access points, you should go to the switch and disconnect 2 of the cables to turn off the "2 access points" and only leave 1 connected with which we are going to work the factory reset once you configure the access point and make sure all is good, go ahead and reconnect the other Access Points back.

As you have 2 Access Points in your setup, remove the cable of any one Access Point from the Switch ports, and perform the factory reset on the other connected access point and once you complete it, connect the unplugged Access point back to the Switch. 

Physical Factory Reset of RUCKUS Access Point:

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/Physical-Factory-Reset-an-Ac...

Ruckus Unleashed Set-up using Web:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8I5aVwMNMg

Password recovery setup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqnG8fupaLk

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Hello Imran,

Am I going to lose the SSID configuration details by resetting my APs? If yes, then this is not a viable option for me since I have more than 20 IOT devices sitting at my home accessing with this SSID. Going and changing the network details is a very painful process for me.

Thanks,

Chandu.