cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My RUCKUS APs are keep going offline frequently

chandugutti1987
New Contributor

My RUCKUS APs are keep going offline frequently, it used to work pretty well but since past 1 month I am having this issue. It is causing instability to my home network, please advise me the next steps.

Thanks,

Chandu.

10 REPLIES 10

chandugutti1987
New Contributor

WhatsApp Image 2023-09-17 at 7.51.19 PM.jpeg

Here are the notifications from Unleashed.

Hi @chandugutti1987 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the detailed information you shared.

As per the case description, I understand that your Unleashes app receives Heartbeat Loss errors frequently.

Could you please let us know the answers to the below queries to assist you better?

1. If it worked before, was there any power outage before you started facing this issue?

2. On your switch while it's plugged into the outlet, do you see any lights on? (Amber or green) Please let us know which lights are on. (Please refer to the below picture and share a picture of the same, showing the light status and the FULL Switch panel cable connections to the Switch ports)

3. Is your Internet Connection from the Internet Service Provider (ISP) stable and working? (You could check this by connecting to your local router Wi-Fi or from an ethernet cable from Router to a laptop/PC).

4. May I know how many Access Points are connected to the Switch? Could you please let me know the light status on the Access Points? Any of these lights are on (Please refer to the below picture and share a picture of the same)

Please help us with pictures of your ICX-7150-C12P Switch showing the status of the lights and cable connections to the Switch ports. Also, light the status of Access Points.

Before uploading the photos please log in to the RUCKUS account and you can upload the image.

Please let us know the answers to ALL the above queries or let us know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Hello Imran, thank you for your response. 

1. I am not aware of any power outage at my home. 

2. Yes, in regular working conditions I see lights on the switch ports, but when the AP goes offline it will be really hard to go and grab the status of the LEDs from switch immediately. By the time I go and check, AP might have come back online.

3. Yes, I am using ATT Fiber link and it is pretty reliable.

4. I have 2 APs connected to this switch. all Lights are Green in working condition. But, when AP goes offline I see all the lights in OFF state.

Right now, I have the switch and APs in working condition. So, it is hard to take the picture of APs and switch when the network is offline. Is there a better way to pull the logs from AP and switch to troubleshoot this issue?

Hi @chandugutti1987 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response and the information you shared.

I would suggest you create a new WLAN/Wi-Fi SSID and create a separate 5G or 2.4G network from your Unleashed Access Point to avoid any Wireless interference between them causing the ‘Heartbeat Loss’ errors. Please refer to the below link and screenshot. Please refer to the below links to create and new WLAN/SSID.

Creating a New Wireless WLAN (SSID):

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/Creating-a-New-Wireless-WLAN...

Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSl_8rs1QnU

Please observe once you create a new SSID and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.