cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Momentary dropouts in WI-FI signal from R510s every 1-2 minutes

clay_coleman
New Contributor

Hi, 

We have 2x R510 APs (one upstairs/one downstairs) and my wife's colleagues kept telling her she was dropping out momentarily every minute or so on TEAMS video calls.  We've replicated this on Google Meet and Zoom also.  Finally, we ran an ethernet cable directly from the Ruckus switch and that solved the issue.  We also notice that our Wi-Fi TV (used with Dish Network) has momentary dropouts during all programming.  This happens about every 1-2 minutes.  Is there a diagnosis for this (i.e. firmware update etc.).  The units were installed in Aug 2018 in a new Lennar home.

12 REPLIES 12

Hi, I was able to download the drivers for the USB to UART Bridge Controller and connect through the PuTTY Terminal.  I followed the video step-by-step to reboot the switch and enter Bootloader mode.  After the PoE starts to enable the ports, then the following keeps repeating:  "TFTP Session timed out".  If I type in "conf t", I get to (config) mode and enter "enable super-user password super" it tells me Invalid Input-> super; I tried "password" also and get the same error.  See screen shot:Invalid password.jpg

Hi @clay_coleman 

Hope you are doing well ! 

Here is the correct way to create a username 'super' and password 'pass' as example

ICX7150-48ZP Router(config)#username super password pass

Here is a short guide from a external website 

https://luiscachog.io/configure-ruckus-switch/

You do not have to be worry about the  ' TFTP session time out ' that's normal  is trying to get a configuration file from the TFTP server but there is no response from the TFTP server.

Best Regards 

Fernando Vasquez

Hi @clay_coleman 

I will leave you a guide how to perform an IP scanner on your local network to identify the switch IP  Or the access points address very easily. 

How to find my Ruckus “Devices IP address” using free applications

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-find-my-Ruckus-Device...

Best Regards 

Fernando Vasquez