cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Master WAP has Power, but no Connection

JaredEW
New Contributor

Hello

My master WAP on the first floor of my home has power, but no connection. I’ve attempted a couple of troubleshooting activities;

disconnect and reconnect from/to splitter

connect to different port on splitter 

quick press reset button on WAP

ensure all firmware updates have been completed (although currently the app cannot communicate with the WAP)

could someone provide more assistance on what may be causing this. It is causing low connection in this area of my home and I have a couple of devices in this area that require a stable connection. Another WAP is nearby and I believe they’re pinging off of that one currently. All other WAPs are working with no faults currently. 

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11

Jayavidhya

Hi @JaredEW

The WAPs depends on a Switch which is the one that provides power, this must be in a cabinet, by default should be the same brand (Ruckus) model ICX7150-12P Switch, may look like the next image:

Jayavidhya_0-1674651591613.png

Follow up the next troubleshooting steps:

1:Ensure the ICX 7150 Switch is getting power, if no, please test another power outlet.

2:In the ICX7150 Switch check if the System light is green, the next image will provide you the location of the ports including the system:

Jayavidhya_1-1674651592656.png

3:The ICX7150 Switch must provide power to other devices in the house such as the doorbell or even cameras, so make sure if the only devices affected are the WAPs or all of them.

4:If all the devices connected to the Switch are no getting power, but if you connect a computer directly to the switch with an Ethernet cable which just required data traffic works fine, could be that the ICX7150 have disables the PoE(power over Ethernet) so this must be enabled back, let me add the option to enable it via web GUI, this what you require.
A:Connect the computer from directly to the ICX7150 Switch with an Ethernet cable in one of the 12 port mark with yellow in the next image.

Jayavidhya_2-1674651595203.png

B:once the computer is connected you need to find out the Switch IP address, you can use the next guide to search for the ICX 7150 IP address:

How to find my Ruckus “Device's IP address” using free applications

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-find-my-Ruckus-Device...

B:once you locate the IP address of the Switch:paste the IP address in the URL bar in your web browser, and hit log in, you can test the next default user and password if it does no work, let me add another set of combinations.

Default User:  super

Default Password: sp-admin

Usernames:           Passwords:

Admin                    sp-admin

Super                     Lennar

lennar

ruckus

Ruckus!

Ruckus1

admin

password

Jayavidhya_3-1674651594795.png

C: Now you are in, let enable PoE:

Click port>inline power>configure inline power>enable> from ports 1/1/1 to 1/1/12>apply>save

Note: the next image will provide the steps too.

Jayavidhya_4-1674651593369.png

Jayavidhya_5-1674651597589.png

Note: if after checking connection and enable PoE the issue persisted, or the Switch is not even powering up, please provide the results.

Best regards,

Jayavidhya

Lennar Home Community

Hello,

The switch has power and all other connected devices  (WAPs) have power and connection. All of my other wireless devices have power and connection. They’re working fine. Only the single WAP does not have a connection to the switch, it however, does show it has power.  I’m not sure the troubleshooting method you provided is applicable. 

Please advise, thanks

Hi @JaredEW

Please confirm the LED status on the access points (PWR/ CTL / 2.4 / 5G).

Best regards,

Jayavidhya

Lennar Home Community

Hello,

On the functioning WAPs, the lights for PWR, CTR, 2.4 and 5G are all illuminating. On the one WAP with no function, the PWR is flashing and the CTR is static, no other lights are illuminated. I’ve attached some images. The one is of a working WAP and the other is of the non-working, it has the blue dot sticker on front. 

Thanks,

E9EAF279-5CEB-488B-BDE6-6ABFE0F90FE8.jpeg

58EE549D-76A0-47AE-9560-AD4D1C5CF153.jpeg