cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost Power To POE. Ping succesfful, File transfer Unsucessful TFTP Server Died MAC IOSX

Mmezz
New Contributor

Good-Morning,

Have been without my Ruckus System now for about a year and finally taking the time to get it up and running again.

To begin I am on a MAC Book pro utalizing a usbc-usb and Ethernet -Ethernet port to communicate with ICX7150.

I have downloaded all the latest software and am trying to upload it to un-brick my ICX.

I can successful set all my IP setting in accordance to my Ethernet connection as described and can successfully ping my connection, but when I go to update_primary TFTP fails.

All firewalls are down when attempting this!!!!!!

I believe i may have a bad Communication in ethernet port on my device not allowing it to accept the software. I have tried to reach out to ruckus support for a warranty claim and they claim that I must ask for an RMA here.

I have spent HOURS on this and have followed all your steps exactly as outlined. I have watched ALL of your ruckus Youtube videos and still can not get this to work

I only have access to this macbook pro and do not have access to a PC.

PLEASE REPLACE MY UNITScreen Shot 2023-07-31 at 12.50.26 AM.pngPing.pngports.jpg

17 REPLIES 17

Hi @Mmezz 

Thanks for your response.

To complete software recovery process please enter the following commands and let us know the results.

“setenv image_name SPS08090k.bin”                                        (enter the correct image file name)

“update_primary”                                                           (upload the image on the primary partition)

“setenv image_name SPS08090k.bin”                                        (enter the correct image file name)

“update_secondary”                                                           (upload the image on the secondary partition)

*Wait that loads the image and continue with the boot:

“setenv uboot mnz10115.bin”                                                    (enter the correct boot file name)

“update_uboot”                                                                      (upload the boot code)

* Wait that loads the boot and continue with the Final command reset:

“reset”             (finally enter reset to reload the unit)

How to perform a Software recovery on an ICX7150 switch

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-perform-a-Software-re...

Tutorial video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHriOYYD_iI

Please let us know if you have any queries in this regard.

Best regards,

Jayavidhya

Lennar Home Community

Greeting, if you read the FIRST POST I MADE you would see that i have already tried these steps! 

SEND ME THE WARRANTY FORM

Mmezz
New Contributor

The ICX WILL NOT ACCEPT ANY DATA LOAD FROM USB OR TFPT!!!

ping is successful but when we update_uboot tfpt FAILS

Imran_ruckus

Hi @Mmezz 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response and the information.

Apologies, we cannot replace the Switch for the software issues and without following required troubleshooting steps. Warranty is not covered on software issues as it can be fixed by the troubleshooting steps.

May I please know if you have downloaded the 8095k files to the tftp server, if yes, could you please perform all the commands and proceed even it fails and end with reset? And check the light status of the Switch after reset. 

Below are the commands.

“update_primary”                                                           (upload the image on the primary partition)

“update_secondary”                                                           (upload the image on the secondary partition)

*Wait that loads the image and continue with the boot:

“setenv uboot mnz10115.bin”                                                    (enter the correct boot file name)

“update_uboot”                                                                      (upload the boot code)

*Wait that loads the boot and continue with the Final command reset:

“reset”             (finally enter reset to reload the unit)

Please help us with the the screenshots of the commands you performed above.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Yes i have uploaded all possible files including 

SPS08090k.bin

and SPS08080f.bing

all have failed please see terminal 

IMG_0254.png