cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lennar home r510 access point not recieving internet

Alex1876
New Contributor II

Problem:

Hello, my family bought Lennar home November 2020, the house includes a ICX 7150-c12p model switch and 4 r510 model access points. There wasn't any issues with it until recently I can't access internet using WLAN I created through the mobile app. The issues is that I get very slow internet, no internet, sometimes losing internet immediately after it worked. I can connect and use my internet providers WLAN through the router perfectly fine. Connecting an ethernet cable from my computer to the switch gives me internet too.

What I tried to fix it:

I try troubleshooting the WLAN on my computer but no issue showed up. I tried resetting the router and the switch but that didn't solve the issue. So I tried ruckus community and found that this post most match my situation (https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/Reduced-Speed-after-a-short-...). A couple weeks ago we had an outage and cause our router and switch to act weird. 
Problems that occured when fixing it:

First problem is that I can't locate the switch on the ruckus unleash dashboard (I got no idea why it isn't automatically connected and I got no knowlegde of the switch until lately). I am unable to get the IP address of my switch using the free IP search as none of the devices come up matches with the MAC address on the switch. So I connected to the switch via usb-c cable and follow the procedures for direct connection. First I check the verison of the flash:

ICX7150-C12 Router>show version
  Copyright (c) 2017 Ruckus Wireless, Inc. All rights reserved.
    UNIT 1: compiled on Nov 20 2018 at 00:20:22 labeled as SPR08080d
      (29819448 bytes) from Secondary SPR08080d.bin
        SW: Version 08.0.80dT213
      Compressed Boot-Monitor Image size = 786944, Version:10.1.14T225 (mnz10114)
       Compiled on Thu Nov 15 12:59:22 2018

HW: Stackable ICX7150-C12-POE

and it looks like the switch is running as a router. Finally found the issue, yay.

I follow the procedure to enter the commands on Putty (enable, copy flash flash secondary, boot system flash secondary yes). However as it was running it the session timed out due to tftp?

PoE Event Trace Logging enabled for unit 1
PoE Info: PoE module 1 of Unit 1 initialization is done.
PoE: Power enabled on port 1/1/1.
PoE: Power enabled on port 1/1/3.
PoE: Power enabled on port 1/1/5.
PoE: Power enabled on port 1/1/7.
TFTP session timed out
TFTP session timed out
TFTP session timed out
TFTP session timed out
TFTP session timed out
TFTP session timed out
TFTP session timed out
TFTP session timed out
TFTP session timed out
TFTP session timed out

This is as far as I gotten. I also tried to updating the switch but during the step where I enter the command in through Putty with tftp open. I don't remember the exact output but it was in the lines with can't locate the files? I followed the procedures of this link: https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-Upgrade-a-Switch-ICX-...

Conclusion:

This is the general issue and troubleshooting I have attempted. The problem just started yesterday morning. I didn't have any issues with it before other than sometimes losing internet for a second to a minute once in a while when I'm gaming. (It's annoying but didn't happen so much that it become an issue. During that time I couldn't identify what is causing it). Additionally I haven't tired updating the switch using usb, however, I don't know if that solves the issue. Please give me your suggestions to this issue. Not really a tech guy so please reply with simpler terms.

Thank you.

Edit: Screen shot of AP and switch:

Switch

SwitchSwitch

1st AP1st AP1st AP

2nd AP4th AP4th AP

3rd AP2nd AP2nd AP

4th AP3rd AP3rd AP

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Sgatjens

Hi @Alex1876 

Thank you for all the information you provided.

Based on the outputs, it's apparent that the switch is currently running the incorrect code  (Router: SPR08080d.bin  ) instead of the switching. 

CLI output:

ICX7150-C12 Router>

Symptoms

-Websites not loading 
-Devices getting disconnected or having problems working as intended. 
-Network dropping at random points in time. 
-Smart devices not being able to connect to the internet. 

-Unleashed dashboard sometimes not showing as "Connected" on the Internet tab.

-Slow connectivity

Please access the switch via console (cable access) and please follow the next steps to fix this problem:

Write the following commands and hit enter to accept each command:

ICX7150-C12 Router#enable 
ICX7150-C12 Router#copy flash flash secondary
ICX7150-C12 Router#boot system secondary yes

Here are the guides:

1 ) https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-Fix-Routing-code-issu...
2 ) https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-solve-the-routing-cod...

Once the router issue is resolved, I can guide you through the steps to add the switch to your Unleashed dashboard if you desire its presence there. The switch doesn't automatically appear on the dashboard by default, so you'll need to add it manually if you wish to view the switch there.

Kind regards,

Sofia Gätjens

View solution in original post

Hi @Alex1876 

Please Try the following credential combination:

Username:                      Passwords:

admin                             sp-admin

super                              Lennar

lennar

ruckus

Ruckus!

Ruckus1

admin

password

If one of them works, the switch will prompt you to replace the default password with one of your choosing. Please go ahead and modify it, then save it for future use.

Kind regards,

Sofia Gätjens

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Sgatjens

Hi @Alex1876 

Thank you for all the information you provided.

Based on the outputs, it's apparent that the switch is currently running the incorrect code  (Router: SPR08080d.bin  ) instead of the switching. 

CLI output:

ICX7150-C12 Router>

Symptoms

-Websites not loading 
-Devices getting disconnected or having problems working as intended. 
-Network dropping at random points in time. 
-Smart devices not being able to connect to the internet. 

-Unleashed dashboard sometimes not showing as "Connected" on the Internet tab.

-Slow connectivity

Please access the switch via console (cable access) and please follow the next steps to fix this problem:

Write the following commands and hit enter to accept each command:

ICX7150-C12 Router#enable 
ICX7150-C12 Router#copy flash flash secondary
ICX7150-C12 Router#boot system secondary yes

Here are the guides:

1 ) https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-Fix-Routing-code-issu...
2 ) https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-solve-the-routing-cod...

Once the router issue is resolved, I can guide you through the steps to add the switch to your Unleashed dashboard if you desire its presence there. The switch doesn't automatically appear on the dashboard by default, so you'll need to add it manually if you wish to view the switch there.

Kind regards,

Sofia Gätjens

Alex1876
New Contributor II

Hello Sofia,

I tried it muiltple times and it doesn't work. However after taking a closer look at the guides I notice something different in the coding.

coding.JPG
Both of the primary and secondary codes are for routers. Correct me if I am wrong but SPR0808d.bin is for router not switch. 

Alex1876
New Contributor II

I found the solution to the problem. I used a USB drive to download the SPS code and copy it into the switch. Then run the same line of code to boot the system. The link below provides all the details and upgrading from 0808f to 08095h.

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-Upgrade-a-Switch-ICX-...

Alex1876
New Contributor II

Okay new problem. After following the guide to switch to SPS and updating the switch by booting system flash with the 08095h version via USB. It required me to enter in a username and password? I don't remember adding an username and password and this is the first time it ever required a password. From other forums I assume the username is Super and the password is sp.admin. However I encounter this thing where I can't type anything in password?

password.JPG

I try typing using numbers, letters, and different symbols and it doesn't show up. Good news is that it's back to operating as a switch. However I am worried that next time this problem occur I won't get access to my switch CLI