cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

W.A.P.

SD
New Contributor

Anyone in Gabion Ranch? I have to WAP's that I cannot seem to connect. Master has all the appropriate lights on from when I registered and changed the name, however the other 2 are not connected and constantly off line. Any idea or tips on how I can connect these or reconfigure them? I am DEFINITELY technically challenged so if anyone can help me with the simplest of steps and in a way that I know I wont ruin my ATT Internet set up, I would appreciate it. Thank you!

27 REPLIES 27

Imran_ruckus

Hi @SD 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting Lennar Home Community.

Hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the information you shared.

As per the case description, I could understand that your RUCKUS setup is not working as expected. 

Could you please let us know the answers to the below queries to assist you better?

1. Was this working before or is it a new installation? If it worked before, was there any power outage before you started facing this issue?

2. On your switch while it's plugged into the outlet, do you see any lights on? (Amber or green) Please let us know which lights are on. (Please refer to the below picture and share a picture of the same, showing the light status and all ports connections)

3. Is your Internet Connection from the Internet Service Provider (ISP) stable and working? (You could check this by connecting to your local router Wi-Fi or from an ethernet cable from Router to a laptop/PC).

4. May I know how many Access Points are connected to the Switch? Could you please let me know the light status on the Access Points? Any of these lights are on (Please refer to the below picture and share a picture of the same)

Please help us with pictures of your ICX-7150-C12P Switch showing the status of the lights. Also, light the status of Access Points.

Before uploading the photos please log in to the RUCKUS account and you can upload the image.

Please let us know the answers to the above queries or if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Lennar Home Community.

1. This has been an ongoing issue since we moved in but I never knew there was anything wrong with the lights until I was doing some research this year because we had some slow spots in the house, which I know isn't supposed to happen since we have these WAP's. 

2. The color of my ruckus light is green. Here is the photo. 

RUCKUSRUCKUS

3. Our ISP is stable. We have never had any issues with them.

4. I believe there is a total of 3 WAP's connected-Master and two others. The Master has 4 lights on, green. Where as the other two only have one green light that is constantly switching between a blinking green and then going into a solid red. 

MASTER:

70379253275__AF04E91E-3063-4468-9D1C-3ED8E66EC99B.jpeg

Example of how loft and living room WAP's turn red. 

Example of loft and living room access turning redExample of loft and living room access turning redliving roomliving roomloftloft

These last two photos are the loft and living room WAP's. The second to last light is constantly blinking green and then it'll go to the last light and stay a solid green and eventually turn red. And this happens ALL day every day with both the living room and loft WAP's. 

Hi @SD  

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response and the detailed information you shared.

Could you please unplug and plug all the Access Points ethernet cables on the Switch port panel? It can be plugged into any of the 12 ports. Also please make sure the ethernet cable which comes from the Router/Modem-Router combo device is also plugged into any 1 in-12 ports. (Please refer to the below screenshot)

Please refer to the short guide link below about how to connect the devices as reference:

Most common Setups for Lennar homes users:

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/Most-common-Setups-for-Lenna...

Please confirm and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Lennar Home Community.

I will try doing this on Monday-Husband needs internet for work this weekend and scared of screwing this up badly while he works. Ha