cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet issues with Ruckus & AT&T

bbradley01
New Contributor

Hello, 

I have a Lennar home with a Ruckus ICX 7150-C12P Switch, 2 R510 aps and a Ruckus T300 outdoor AP. 

Recently, our internet has been temporarily going out multiple times a day. We have AT&T fiber and the gateway status will turn solid red or will blink red or white. Sometimes it will fix itself and other times I will need to reset the modem. 

I had an AT&T tech out and he said the problem must be from the Ruckus switch because everything shows normal on his side and he even replaced the modem but the problem continued. I was skeptical of this answer because when the internet goes out, I still maintain connection to the ruckus network and the status lights remain green on the APs. However, I turned the switch off and used the gateway’s built in WiFi and have not had an internet interruption since 

I do need the switches and APs to have household coverage, however, so I am looking for anything I can do to troubleshoot this. 

thank you,

31 REPLIES 31

There was no outage.

Hello @bbradley01 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting the RUCKUS Lennar Home Community forum.

To resolve your issue, I recommend performing a factory reset on the Switch and configuring it with a new Wi-Fi Network/SSID. 

You can find detailed instructions for the factory reset process in our RUCKUS Lennar Knowledge Base self-help article here:

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Lennar-Support-Knowledge/Factory-reset-process-of-the...

Once the Access Points are factory reset, please ensure to verify the Unleashed system version. If they are on an older version, it's recommended to upgrade them to the recommended version. You can find guidance on the upgrade process here: 

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Lennar-Support-Knowledge/Upgrade-process-of-the-RUCKU...

Please follow these steps accordingly. If you have any questions or need further assistance, feel free to reach out to us. 

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi  
RUCKUS Lennar Home Community

My access points are on old firmware versions because the T300 can only support previous older firmware. I was under the impression that all APs must have the same firmware to work together. Is that true?

Hello @bbradley01 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for your prompt response and update.

I kindly request that you perform a factory reset on the Access Points. 

For the T300, you can manage it with a different Unleashed end version, while the other two R510 APs can be managed on the recommended version.

Please proceed with these steps and inform me of the outcome.

Thank you once again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi  
RUCKUS Lennar Home Community

Will they still be able to act as the same network?