cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet issues with Ruckus & AT&T

bbradley01
New Contributor

Hello, 

I have a Lennar home with a Ruckus ICX 7150-C12P Switch, 2 R510 aps and a Ruckus T300 outdoor AP. 

Recently, our internet has been temporarily going out multiple times a day. We have AT&T fiber and the gateway status will turn solid red or will blink red or white. Sometimes it will fix itself and other times I will need to reset the modem. 

I had an AT&T tech out and he said the problem must be from the Ruckus switch because everything shows normal on his side and he even replaced the modem but the problem continued. I was skeptical of this answer because when the internet goes out, I still maintain connection to the ruckus network and the status lights remain green on the APs. However, I turned the switch off and used the gateway’s built in WiFi and have not had an internet interruption since 

I do need the switches and APs to have household coverage, however, so I am looking for anything I can do to troubleshoot this. 

thank you,

31 REPLIES 31

Hello @bbradley01 ,

Thank you for the response.

The upgrade should be performed on the Switch and it need not affect the AP connectivity.

Please refer to the previous post for instructions on upgrading the switch using the upgrade tool.

Kindly let us know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Pinky Rajendran

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

OK, I have updated the switch. I will write back if the problem persists. Thank you

Hi @bbradley01 ,

Greetings!

Thank you for your response and glad to know that you were able to upgrade the Switch

Please contact us in future for any queries or concerns regarding the same.

We take this opportunity to thank you for your cooperation. We hope the service provided to you was satisfactory and hope you will have a wonderful experience with Ruckus Lennar Support in future too.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Pinky Rajendran

The issue is still persisting, my internet cut out again. 

Hello @bbradley01 ,

Thank you for your response.

From your description, I understand that you are still having trouble connecting to the network even after the Switch upgrade. I recommend contacting your ISP to check if there was any outage.

If you have any further questions, please let me know.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Pinky Rajendran