cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet issues with Ruckus & AT&T

bbradley01
New Contributor

Hello, 

I have a Lennar home with a Ruckus ICX 7150-C12P Switch, 2 R510 aps and a Ruckus T300 outdoor AP. 

Recently, our internet has been temporarily going out multiple times a day. We have AT&T fiber and the gateway status will turn solid red or will blink red or white. Sometimes it will fix itself and other times I will need to reset the modem. 

I had an AT&T tech out and he said the problem must be from the Ruckus switch because everything shows normal on his side and he even replaced the modem but the problem continued. I was skeptical of this answer because when the internet goes out, I still maintain connection to the ruckus network and the status lights remain green on the APs. However, I turned the switch off and used the gateway’s built in WiFi and have not had an internet interruption since 

I do need the switches and APs to have household coverage, however, so I am looking for anything I can do to troubleshoot this. 

thank you,

31 REPLIES 31

IMG_3359.png

Can confirm the factory reset was completed while pass through was disabled (it has always been disabled)

Hello @bbradley01 ,

Greetings!

Thank you for sharing the information.

To proceed further, we would need to check few configurations of the switch.

To check this, we must identify the ‘current’ IP address assigned by your local router to the switch ICX-7150-C12P

I will leave you a guide on how to perform an IP scanner on your local network to identify the switch IP address very easily.

How to find the IP Address of the RUCKUS Devices (Switch and APs) using IP Scanner free applications:

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Lennar-Support-Knowledge/How-to-find-the-IP-Address-o...

Once we identify the IP address of the switch proceed to access remotely to the device “Command Line”

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Lennar-Support-Knowledge/How-to-access-the-Command-Li...

If you can access the Command line should look like this:

ICX7150-C12 Router> OR

ICX7150-C12 Switch>

Once you login to CLI, please enter the below commands and share the output.

Note: Hit Enter to accept each command

enable

show version

show flash

show inline power

show inline power detail

show interface brief

show lldp neighbors detail

show ip address

Please share the output of the above commands or share the screenshots if stuck at any step or error (if any) and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Screenshot (1).pngScreenshot (2).pngScreenshot (3).pngScreenshot (4).pngScreenshot (5).png

Hello @bbradley01 ,

Thank you for the response.

We recommend upgrading your Switch to stable version as it is currently running on old 08090d version. Regarding the Switch upgrade process, we recommend transitioning to version 08.0.95g, identified as the stable version for Lennar Home users.

To facilitate this transition, we have recently introduced an upgrade tool tailored to ensure a seamless process. Utilizing this tool is straightforward: users simply need to input the IP Address, Username, and password associated with the Switch into the software interface.

For your convenience, please find the necessary resources below:

1. Download the Upgrade software for Windows: Link: Upgrade Software for Windows
  2. Access the Upgrade Software User Manual: Link: Upgrade Tool User Guide for Lennar SmartHome users

We highly value your input and would greatly appreciate your feedback on our upgrade tool. Your insights are instrumental in our ongoing efforts to enhance user experience and ensure the tool meets your needs effectively. Please take a moment to share your thoughts, suggestions, or any issues you encountered while using the tool. Your feedback is invaluable to us and will guide us in further improving the tool for all our users. Thank you for your time and contribution.

Please observe the stability of the connection after the upgrade and keep us updated.

Should you require any assistance throughout the process, please do not hesitate to reach out. Your satisfaction is our priority, and we are here to support you every step of the way.

Thank you once again for your patience and cooperation.

Best regards,

Pinky Rajendran

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I am under the impression that I cannot upgrade because the T300 AP will no longer function properly within the WiFi network that it shares with the other APs. Is that correct?