cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet issues after power outage

DubV52
New Contributor

We lost power a few nights ago and ever since our internet has not been working.  Router, modem and signal to the house have all been checked and confirmed are working.  The ICX switch is up and running but is not providing the connectivity we had before.  Loading issues, very slow etc.. I also tried following the steps that were posted for similar issues and not having success with Putty.

20 REPLIES 20

IMG_6943.jpeg

IMG_6945.jpeg

DubV52
New Contributor

Here is the screen shot in MobaXterm where it is supposed to find the serial port and it doesn’t.  I downloaded the Windows drivers that were provided and stated they installed successfully but again I am not using a USB connection so not sure if those drivers will work?

image.jpg

Hello @DubV52 ,

Thank you for the response and for sharing the screenshots.

Once again, please make sure to download the zip drive for the file below & "extract all". Once it's extracted, run the file, the driver should be installed using the 2 links below.

Link 1: https://support.ruckuswireless.com/software/1414-brocade-ruckus-7150-usb-serial-driver-windows

Link 2: silabs.com/developers/usb-to-uart-bridge-vcp-drivers?tab=downloads

Could you please unplug and plug your Switch from the power outlet and check the COM port details in the Device Manger from the Control Panel?

COM port details should be with the silicon lab name in the device manager.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Regards,

Pinky Rajendran

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community

When selecting the Run option from the zip folder after having extracted the files, I am getting this error.  CANNOT COMPLETE THE DEVICE DRIVER INSTALLATION WIZARD the device driver installation wizard was unable to find any drivers designed for your machine. 

However if I go into the folder of extracted files and double click on CP210xVCPInstaller_x64 it runs an installation wizard and goes through successfully.  I accept terms and then I get Completing the Installation of the CP210x USB to UART Bridge Driver were successfully installed on your computer. 

Needless to say even with this saying successfully installed, the Device Manager does not show Port in the list of options.  

What would happen if I reset the switch all together, would that allow me to start over like day 1 when we first set this up and would that fix this coding issue?  If I do that, do the extenders have to be rest as well?

Hello @DubV52 ,

Thank you for the response.

I would request you to please reset the Switch and check if you can see the COM port details of the Switch with the Silicon lab name in the Device manager.

Please follow the below RUCKUS Lennar Knowledge base self-help article which will help you to hard reset the Switch

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Lennar-Support-Knowledge/Process-for-performing-a-phy...

Please follow the process as explained in the article and let me know if you have any queries in this regard. 

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Pinky Rajendran

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.