cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In Wall Ethernet (Lennar) not connecting to Ruckus Switch IX 7150 - Ports state down (red).

SarjP
New Contributor

I've got a Lennar home (2 years old) and the in wall ethernet connections are not working when connected to the Ruckus IX 7150 switch, the AP's are configured fine with WIFI.

I'm just getting a down port message on those ethernet connections...

Any guidance is appreciated.

Thanks 

5 REPLIES 5

Imran_ruckus

Hi SarjP

Thank you for contacting Lennar Home Community.

Hope you are doing well!!!

As per the case description, I could understand that your wall Ethernet connections are not working when connected to the RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch, the APs are configured fine with WIFI. And you are getting a down port message on those ethernet connections.

Could you please let us know the following information?

1. On your switch while it's plugged into the outlet, do you see any lights on? (Amber or green) Please let us know which lights are on. (Please refer to the below picture)

Imran_ruckus_0-1675459808372.jpeg

https://docs.commscope.com/bundle/icx7150-installguide/page/GUID-973C8AE8-837A-41C7-9811-BAEF6ADEF3D...

1. Please make sure the Ethernet cable is connected to anyone in the 12 ports shown in the picture below:

Imran_ruckus_1-1675459808405.png

Please refer to the below guide for connection setup:

Most common Setups for Lennar homes users

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/Most-common-Setups-for-Lenna...

Please help us with pictures of your ICX-7150-C12P Switch showing the status of the lights.

Before uploading the photos please log in to the RUCKUS account then you can upload the image.

Imran_ruckus_2-1675459808407.jpeg

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Lennar Home Community.

SarjP
New Contributor

Thank you: Attached are pictures of the connections, as you can see, the ports 6-12 are non operative. IMG_7820.jpgIMG_7821.jpg

Hi SarjP

Thank you for the pictures and information you shared.

Could you please let me know if you are using PoE or Non-PoE devices on those 6 non-working ports?

And please try to swap a working port cable to any one of those 6 non-working ports (As shown in the picture below) and confirm if that works to check if the issue or problem is with the cables or the ports to follow up and assist you accordingly.

Imran_ruckus_0-1675463544353.jpeg

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Lennar Home Community.

SarjP
New Contributor

I'm using an Nvidia Shield Pro, so it's a non PoE connection to that device.

The port seems to work with the other network cable, so this seems like a Lennar cable installation issue as none of the 6 in wall cables are operative to the ports they are plugged into.  

Please advise nest steps.

Thanks,