cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICX7150 stuck in boot mode - "is not alive" when trying to ping

chrjac
New Contributor

Hello,

Initially posted this last week with no response.  The switch will not perform basic networking functions like Ping.  I've set the environment per the instructions in several posts.  Can an engineer please respond with some next steps and/or recommendations.

Our home lost power after which, our ICX7150 will no longer boot.  The power light is green and the system light is steady amber.  I've attempted a reset after which all status lights blink amber while power light is steady green.  I have also tried to perform a software recovery following these instructions:   https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-perform-a-Software-re...

I'm stuck at the point where I test the connection via ping. The switch is not able to connect and gives an "is not alive" message when I ping the server IP.  I get the same messaging when I attempt to ping the local IP on the switch as well.  I've tried with multiple machines, network interfaces and cables with exactly the same results.  Are there any other tricks I can try?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @chrjac 

Yes, but We would like to check the managed port lights that's all . 

Based on the troubleshooting done, seems that the management port is not  responding  this unit should be RMA (return merchandise authorization) in simple words replace it.

Feel free to contact us via chat, comment you already have a post, copy the link from the post (URL) and paste it into the chat to start unit replacement.

Vsquez_Fer_0-1673465081132.png

The below link is to contact us by chat (only)

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

Best Regards 

Fernando Vasquez

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Vásquez_Fer

Hi @chrjac 

Hope you are doing well ! 

Did you configured the Ethernet port addressing on the same Range IP address as the switch ?

Following section :  

Now we have all the applications downloaded and the firmware, Let’s configure your Computer’s IP address, this must be statically assigned in order to have connectivity to your switch, remember you have an Ethernet cable from your computer to the Management port in the switch, so we require configure the computer with the same subnet.

Start>type control panel>View network status and Task>change adapter setting>Ethernet>right click properties>Internet Protocol (TCP/IPv4)>Select Use the following IP address>insert the same information I have>Click OK

Vsquez_Fer_1-1673373009964.png

Please provide an image/photo where you are trying to connect via console / Ethernet  from ICX 7150 - C12 P (USB type C to USB ) to PC. Before uploading the photos please login to the RUCKUS account and you can upload the image.

Vsquez_Fer_2-1673373329566.png

Best Regards 

Fernando Vasquez 

chrjac
New Contributor

Hi Fernando, 

Thanks for the reply!  I did configure the ethernet port on the FTP Server per the attached screenshot and connected to the switch via the 'Out-of-band management port' per the attached screenshot.

Screenshot 2023-01-10 TCPIP Properties.png

And I've also pasted settings from the switch below:

ICX7150-Boot>printenv
baudrate=9600
ipaddr=192.168.0.3
serverip=192.168.0.2
netmask=255.255.255.0
gatewayip=192.168.0.2
uboot=mnz10115.bin
image_name=SPR08090d.bin
ver=10.1.15T225 (Jan 30 2019 - 23:08:47 -0800)

Environment size: 189/16379 bytes
ICX7150-Boot>ping 192.168.0.2
Change GMAC speed to 1000MB
Using bcm_xgs_gmac-0 device
ping failed; host 192.168.0.2 is not alive
ICX7150-Boot>

Hi @chrjac 

Please provide an image/photo where you are trying to connect via console / Ethernet  from ICX 7150 - C12 P (USB type C to USB ) to PC. ( Physical setup ) like the following example : 

usb.png

Before uploading the photos please login to the RUCKUS account and you can upload the image.

Vsquez_Fer_0-1673449547330.png

Best Regards 

Fernando Vasquez 

Please find the attached photo of the cable configuration.  But to be clear, I would not have been able to set the environment if I had not connected the cables properly would I?

2022_01_11 physical config.jpg