cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICX7150 stuck in boot mode - "is not alive" when trying to ping

chrjac
New Contributor

Hello,

Initially posted this last week with no response.  The switch will not perform basic networking functions like Ping.  I've set the environment per the instructions in several posts.  Can an engineer please respond with some next steps and/or recommendations.

Our home lost power after which, our ICX7150 will no longer boot.  The power light is green and the system light is steady amber.  I've attempted a reset after which all status lights blink amber while power light is steady green.  I have also tried to perform a software recovery following these instructions:   https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-perform-a-Software-re...

I'm stuck at the point where I test the connection via ping. The switch is not able to connect and gives an "is not alive" message when I ping the server IP.  I get the same messaging when I attempt to ping the local IP on the switch as well.  I've tried with multiple machines, network interfaces and cables with exactly the same results.  Are there any other tricks I can try?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @chrjac 

Yes, but We would like to check the managed port lights that's all . 

Based on the troubleshooting done, seems that the management port is not  responding  this unit should be RMA (return merchandise authorization) in simple words replace it.

Feel free to contact us via chat, comment you already have a post, copy the link from the post (URL) and paste it into the chat to start unit replacement.

Vsquez_Fer_0-1673465081132.png

The below link is to contact us by chat (only)

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

Best Regards 

Fernando Vasquez

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Hi @chrjac 

Yes, but We would like to check the managed port lights that's all . 

Based on the troubleshooting done, seems that the management port is not  responding  this unit should be RMA (return merchandise authorization) in simple words replace it.

Feel free to contact us via chat, comment you already have a post, copy the link from the post (URL) and paste it into the chat to start unit replacement.

Vsquez_Fer_0-1673465081132.png

The below link is to contact us by chat (only)

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

Best Regards 

Fernando Vasquez

Understood. 

Thank you for your help!

Chris

I have the exact same issue and set up. I just put in a ticket. Could you please advise if anything else is needed? 

Hi @Gully

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting Lennar Home Community. 

Hope you are doing well

As this case is raised by @chrjac which is resolved and closed.

To avoid confusion with posts, you can create your own post with the problem you're facing and a detailed description of the network issue and what you've done so that we can guide you properly.

Thank you again for understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Lennar Home Community.