cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICX7150 does not provide power to PoE Ports

Arturo
New Contributor

Hi, I have a ICX7150-C12P switch serial #FEK3852Q196 that all of the sudden does not seem provide power to any of the PoE ports, so the two access points we have connected to the PoE ports do not turn on.

I tried power cycle and reset button a few times, but still same issue. The status lights on the switch seem to turn on correctly. However, the lights/indicators on the PoE ports and access points never turn on. 

Please advise,

Arturo

14 REPLIES 14

Sgatjens

Hi @Arturo 

Thank you for reaching us. 

Could you please let me know if you are from Lennar homes ? 
Also please let me know the following:
Did you have a power outage?
What kind of PD did you use for testing? (PoE devices)
Did you test it on several ports? What was the result?

outputs:
-show inline power
-show chassis

-show inline power detail

Kind regards,
Sofia Gätjens
Technical Support Engineer | L2 TAC Wired

COMMSCOPE
now meets next

06:00 AM to 03:00 PM MST | Sat & Sun - Off
Support/TAC : +1-855-782-5871  or +1 855-RUCKUS1

Hi, thanks for the quick response, yes, we are customer of Lennar Homes and purchased a new home with the Rockus smart home system. I don't recall having a power outage, but it is certainly a possibility. The first thing I tried was power cycle, but noticed the PoE lights do not come in the switch PoE ports and access points. I have tried all PoE ports, but so far no luck.  

The switch has two R320 access points connected, plus the internet cable coming from the service provider router,

Please advise,
Regards,
Arturo

Hi @Arturo 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the information you shared.

From the case description, I could understand that your ICX-7150-C12P PoE is not working.

Could you please let us know the answers to the below queries to assist you better?

1. Was this working before or is it a new installation? 

2. On your switch while it's plugged into the outlet, do you see any lights on? (Amber or green) Please let us know which lights are on. (Please refer to the below picture and share a picture of the same showing the light status and cable connections to the Switch)

3. May I know how many Access Points are connected to the Switch? Could you please let me know the light status on the Access Points? Any of these lights are on (Please refer to the below picture and share a picture of the same)

Please help us with pictures of your ICX-7150-C12P Switch showing the status of the lights. Also, light the status of Access Points.

Before uploading the photos please log in to the RUCKUS account and you can upload the image.

Please let us know the answers to the above queries or if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Arturo
New Contributor

Hi Imran, thank you for your response, please see answers to your questions:

1. The unit was working before properly, with no issues. Problem started about 2-3 days ago, possibly after a power outage. 

2. The ICX-7150-C12P is showing SYS light = Amber and PWR light = Green. See picture below. 

3. We have two access points connected. All lights are off at both access points. See picture below. 

Please advise,

Thanks again for the help,

Arturo

Access Point 2.jpegAccess Point 1.jpegStatus Lights.jpeg