cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICX7150 Switch routing code issue, slow and intermittent internet

asaad1972
New Contributor II

Hi,

I have issues with my Ruckus network. I had a power down issue and Cox issues. Now my Cox network works fine but my Ruckus network has many issues. Internet is very slow or not working at all. My Unleashed app is showing ICX7150-C12-Router and "connecting (discovery)" with red font.

I read many other forums that all point to the routing code issue. I tried to connect with a Putty command line to my switch but the CLI doesn't accept the commands listed on other forums, such as "show flash", "copy flash flash secondary", "boot system flash secondary yes". I am attaching a screenshot of my Putty CLI window.

asaad1972_0-1724551560018.png

I see 3 IP addresses for Ruckus Wireless since I have one switch and two APs. One IP doesn't connect while the second doesn't accept the "enable" command. The third one is the one that I am showing the screenshot from above.

I also tried to connect to the switch with a USB cable but I couldn't find instructions to connect with the serial interface.

Please advise on how to reconfigure the switch out of this Routing mode. 

Thanks

Ashraf

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @asaad1972 

Thank you for your response and the update.

The Unleashed dashboard appears to be functioning normally based on the screenshot you provided.

Please let me know if you encounter any issues with connectivity or performance.

Thank you once again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi
RUCKUS Lennar Home Community

View solution in original post

42 REPLIES 42

Imran_ruckus

Hi @asaad1972 

I hope this message finds you well.

Thank you for reaching out to the RUCKUS Lennar Home Community. 

We appreciate your patience as we work to resolve the issues with your RUCKUS setup.

Based on the information provided, it appears you are experiencing intermittent internet connectivity due to the Routing Code. 

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and are committed to assisting you promptly.

It seems that you are currently seeing the ‘ruckus>’ prompt in the CLI, which is associated with Unleashed rather than the ICX-7150-C12P Switch. To confirm you are accessing the Switch CLI, you should see prompts such as:

-ICX7150-C12 Router>
-ICX7150-C12 Switch>

Additionally, you should see the Switch Dashboard, as shown in the screenshot below, to verify the Switch IP Address.

If you can access the CLI of the Switch, please refer to the following RUCKUS Lennar Knowledge Base article for guidance on fixing the Routing code issue:

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Lennar-Support-Knowledge/Fixing-RUCKUS-ICX-7150-C12P-...

Please let me know if you have any questions or if further assistance is needed.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi  

asaad1972
New Contributor II

Hi Imran,

Thanks for your reply!
I see 3 IP addresses associated with Ruckus as shown below. I tried each one of them and I am not seeing the command line or the switch screen shot you shared with me. How do I see the IP address for the switch?
asaad1972_0-1724696632546.png

Regards
Ashraf

Hi @asaad1972 

Thank you for your response and update.

Since the IP address 192.168.0.75 appears to be inactive, it may be related to the Switch. Please try rebooting your ISP (Internet Service Provider) modem-router combo device by unplugging it from the power outlet, waiting a few moments, and then plugging it back in. After performing this reboot, scan for IP addresses again to check if the Switch IP address becomes active or any new active IP address assigned to the Switch.

Please confirm if this resolves the issue.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi  

asaad1972
New Contributor II

Hi Imran,

I followed these steps but I am still getting 192.168.0.75 inactive state while the two other IPs are active. Here is a screenshot of the switch box in case you find any clue. The Ruckus network is working at the moment but very slow.

Thanks

Ashraf

asaad1972_0-1724698710939.png