cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICX switch internal h/w fault

chai_999
New Contributor II

Hi, 

I observed 1 of my AP is not getting power. Also, the APs are not providing internet. I saw on the switch that the ethernet ports are not lighting green color. So I started a console session with the switch. With the command `show inline power` I found that 6 of the 8 ports are showing `internal h/w fault` 

Please help me with next steps. Is the switch having hardware failures? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

chai_999
New Contributor II

Hi,

I finally got connected to the internet. Switch is working and APs are connected. Here is a recap of what happened.

1. H/w failure error
  2. Contacted Ruckus customer service here and got an RMA for replacement
  3. Received RMA
  4. Connected to new Switch and accessed the console and logged in
  5. Switch asked me to change default password, changed it
  6. Then connected the 3 APs to the switch. Did not connect the ethernet wire to switch from my router
  7. The 3 APs are still transmitting Recover.Me
  8. I followed instructions here to hard reset each AP https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/Physical-Factory-Reset-an-Ac...
  9. As part of the process, I connected only 1 AP to the Switch
  10. Even after hard resetting of only that 1 AP, the Unleashed app is not able to configure a WLAN
  11. On the AP, the CTL is blinking fast, meaning receiving configuration or image upgrade
  12. Even after waiting for more than 20 minutes, the AP is still in same mode
  13. SO, I connected all the 3 APs to the switch
  14. 2 APs in Recover.Me mode the hard reset AP is in Configure.Me mode
  15. So, finally, I connected the ethernet cable from Router to the Switch
  16. Magic! All the 3 APs got auto configured and they got configured as per the old configurations. Including, the WLAN names and passwords
  17. I got into the Unleashed app but the Switch is requiring authentication
  18. I entered the username and password I set in step 5 but it said authentication failed
  19. I consoled into the Switch and tried to authenticate but failed
  20. Finally, was able to authenticate using the default username and password
  21. Switch asked me to change the password
  22. Finally, was able to authenticate using the new password and Switch status is good in the Unleashed app

This concludes the process.

I could have made the process complete sooner if I connect the router to the switch first and then see how things are going from there.

Also, confusing part for me is how the Switch reset back to factory mode and was unable to see status in the Unleashed app.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Hi @chai_999 

Greetings of the day!!!

Thank you for sharing the requested information.

Based on the output of the command you shared, your ICX-7150-C12P Switch is on a latest UFI version and ports are not working due to a hardware issue with an error ‘internal h/w fault’. As this is a hardware issue, this unit Should be RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) in simple words replacing it.

Feel free to contact us via chat, comment you already have a post, copy the link from the post (URL) and paste it into the chat to start the unit replacement.

Please follow the below steps as shown in the below example:

As shown in the below picture, copy the link and share it via chat from the link provided below:

The below link is to contact us by chat (only)

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

NOTE: Please feel free to mark the post as ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Lennar Home Community.

Hi Imran, 

After I get the replacement switch, I would need some help with installing it. Who can help with that?

Thanks

Hi @chai_999 

Thank you for the response.

You could reply to this same post, I will assist you with setting up your new RUCKUS Switch with other devices.

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Lennar Home Community.

Hi Imran, 

I got the new switch. I connected the ethernet cables of my 3 APs to the switch. All 3 APs got the power now. All 3 APs are showing Recover.Me now. How to proceed?

Thanks

chai_999
New Contributor II

Hi,

I finally got connected to the internet. Switch is working and APs are connected. Here is a recap of what happened.

1. H/w failure error
  2. Contacted Ruckus customer service here and got an RMA for replacement
  3. Received RMA
  4. Connected to new Switch and accessed the console and logged in
  5. Switch asked me to change default password, changed it
  6. Then connected the 3 APs to the switch. Did not connect the ethernet wire to switch from my router
  7. The 3 APs are still transmitting Recover.Me
  8. I followed instructions here to hard reset each AP https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/Physical-Factory-Reset-an-Ac...
  9. As part of the process, I connected only 1 AP to the Switch
  10. Even after hard resetting of only that 1 AP, the Unleashed app is not able to configure a WLAN
  11. On the AP, the CTL is blinking fast, meaning receiving configuration or image upgrade
  12. Even after waiting for more than 20 minutes, the AP is still in same mode
  13. SO, I connected all the 3 APs to the switch
  14. 2 APs in Recover.Me mode the hard reset AP is in Configure.Me mode
  15. So, finally, I connected the ethernet cable from Router to the Switch
  16. Magic! All the 3 APs got auto configured and they got configured as per the old configurations. Including, the WLAN names and passwords
  17. I got into the Unleashed app but the Switch is requiring authentication
  18. I entered the username and password I set in step 5 but it said authentication failed
  19. I consoled into the Switch and tried to authenticate but failed
  20. Finally, was able to authenticate using the default username and password
  21. Switch asked me to change the password
  22. Finally, was able to authenticate using the new password and Switch status is good in the Unleashed app

This concludes the process.

I could have made the process complete sooner if I connect the router to the switch first and then see how things are going from there.

Also, confusing part for me is how the Switch reset back to factory mode and was unable to see status in the Unleashed app.