cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICX 7150-C12 Failed to Ping

leonox
New Contributor II

Good day.

I have an ICX 7150-C12 that should be viewable in unleashed. Unleashed sees the switch enough to auto populate its info (MAC, IP, Model/Name), but is unable to complete the connection. It only shows failed to ping ICX [IP ADDRESS]. Suggest checking network.

I have reset the switch multiple times, upgraded the firmware, and tried everything I could find online before resetting once again. I am able to ping the IP through windows cmd.

Any help or guidance is appreciated. Thank you.

10 REPLIES 10

Hi @HTX_1 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Hope you are doing well.

As this case is raised by @leonox which is very old and now closed.

To avoid confusion with posts, you can create your own post with the problem you're facing and a detailed description of the network issue and what you've done so that we can guide you properly.

Thank you again for understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

leonox
New Contributor II

That's fantastic, thank you for the guides! I'm hoping to get into this again this weekend, though that might not happen. 

And yes, it's a lennar house. One of the first things I did was update the firmware and change it over to the sps set up. (that was... Stress inducing. I have understood the theory to do that sort of thing, but doing it was new.)

Let us the result!

I hope it worked !!! 

leonox
New Contributor II

So!

I finally had time to check back into this process. I started looking though the app and the website connections and getting things ready to check out. 

And uh, there must have been an update or something that happened, cause everything is connecting just fine now. I can access switch info through unleased just fine. 

It also prompted me for the log in info for the switch, which was new. 

So uh, yeah. I highly appreciate the suggestions and hope they help someone else that needs them! 

mollusk82
New Contributor

Hi Vasquez,

"I would like to know if you are Lennar home user , since some times the switch is running  routing  code (SPR08095d) (L3) and for this type of setups and configuration , it has some troubles for the connectivity for home users."

I am a lennar home user and i recently upgraded the switch to 9.0.10d. While observing the current version, I noticed it had the 'R' bin file for routing, which i thought was weird. From your comment it sounds like maybe this is incorrect and causes connectivity issues? Should i re-flash with the 'S' bin?