cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to switch out faulty ICX 7150-C12P unit? my unit is faulty due to weather?

horaceahenry
New Contributor

My ICX 7150-C12P unit has to replaced again due to power loss in the home. My R150 units are not receiving power "PoE" from the main switch. This has happened to me once already and is very frustrating. I have power cycled both the routers and the ICX, as well as reset (little reset button, hold 10 seconds while powering on) the ICX multiple times. What are the new steps to getting the unit switched out? Thank in advance? Also what are recommendations to prevent this in the future

34 REPLIES 34

i don't know what im typing there? what is the command im tryping then what am i showing you? 

Hi @horaceahenry 

Please log in into the switch back when you were 'ICX7150-C12 Switch>'

Write the following command 

'Show version' 

Note : hit enter to accept the command 

Like this example:

ICX7150-C12 Switch>show version 

Like the following picture : 

version.PNG

Copy what you get from the ouput or command  and past here over the chat 

Best Regards 

Fernando Vasquez 

Screen Shot 2022-12-22 at 3.03.26 PM.png

this came up. i did a hard reset on the box again and then tried to get in again and it worked, so at the "show command" i inputed show version and the picture above is what came up. 

Hi @horaceahenry 

Based on the troubleshooting done, and you confirm that your access points are not powering up , and the switch is on 8090j  UFI version and is not providing  power to the devices over Ethernet  , this unit Should be RMA (return merchandise authorization) in simple words replace it.

Feel free to contact us via chat, comment you already have a post, copy the link from the post and paste it into the chat to start unit replacement.

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

Best Regards 

Fernando Vasquez