cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to optimize speed

Jdoherty
New Contributor

I have the Lennar Home Ruckus ICX7150 with 2 R320 APs. The firmware on my swichc and APS is up-to-date. Since I want to have more reliable WiFi in my home office, I really only need the whole system to connect to two laptops. My internet provider is AT&T Fiber 1G. 

Even though my master AP is much closer to my office than my ATT router, I actually have faster download/upload speeds on the router WiFi (and close to 1000 mgb/s when using an ethernet cable from my Ruckus to my laptops), but when I connect to my ruckus AP (with no other clients connected), the speed is worse than the ATT router WiFi signal.

Are there any settings that I can use to optimize the AP or WiFi settings on unleashed (the mobile app doesn't work on my iPhone, and I connect directly using the Ruckus IP) -- should I make it only 5 Hz, and then change the other settings or ....

Again I only want to optimize the system for speed for one or two devices (laptops). I am ok with not using it for anything else, I just cant have my Zoom meetings interrupted any longer.

Thank you

12 REPLIES 12

Hi @Jdoherty 

Greetings!!!
Thank you for the response and the information you shared.

Please try to create a separate WLAN for the 5GHz radio and check, as explained in my previous post.

Also please unplug and plug the ethernet cables into any other 1 in-12 ports as highlighted in the below screenshot.

Please check and let me know if that works.

Thank you again. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Thank you -- I tried that without much success. I even ried not plugging the slave AP back in, and using the master only.

Can I change the radio width or  characteristics to make this better?

Also, the only way that I can log into my Ruckus is through the IP name, Ruckus unleashed website and iPhone app don't seem to do anything -- what am I doing wrong?

Hi @Jdoherty 

Greetings!!!
Thank you for the response and the update.

As mentioned in my previous posts, please try to create a new Wi-Fi SSID for 5GHz video and check the Internet stability.

If that doesn't work, the only option left is to factory reset the Access Points. Please refer to the below Guide for the process.

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Lennar-Support-Knowledge/Factory-reset-process-of-the...

As your Unleashed Application is not working, please uninstall and install the updated application from the App Store. 

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.