cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to locate R510 AP serial Number

Joey_C
New Contributor

Lennar owner.  We had a power outage and the AP's are broadcasting "Recover.Me".  Well the instructions I found on the forum say to log in with the serial number as the password.  Problem is, I cannot get the access point off the ceiling to see the serial number on the back of it.  The forum instructions say "in that event, log into the Unleashed app and pull it from there".  Well, obviously someone didn't tell the support technician that when your network is offline, nothing shows up in the Unleashed app, but a message saying your network is offline.  I can't see my ICX switch or my AP's in the App right now and I won't be able to until I recover my access points.  But I can't do that without the serial number.  Is there a way to get this number that DOESN'T involve factory resetting my AP's, burning my Unleashed network to the ground and starting all over from scratch?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Joey_C 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the information you shared.

As per the case description, I understand that your RUCKUS Access Points are broadcasting Recover.Me network.

Please note, AP serial number will not help to get this issue resolved. AP broadcast recover.me SSID when the AP loses connectivity to the gateway due to a power outage/spike or change in Internet Service Provider (ISP).

The only option here is to physical factory reset the Access Points. 

Please refer to the below RUCKUS Lennar Knowledge Base self-help article explaining the Access Points factory reset process.

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Lennar-Support-Knowledge/Factory-reset-process-of-the...

Please let me know if you need help at any point during the process.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Having a different issue now.

I have two AP's.  I unplugged one from power and factory reset the other.  It is now broadcasting as "Configure.Me"

I connected to it and launched my Unleashed app.  I pressed "Typical Install" and I get this error message:  "Unable to fetch default configuration from the AP".

I tried launching a browser window to the URL:  "unleashed.ruckuswireless.com" and it goes nowhere.  It fails.  I tried again on my phone not connected to the AP but through my 5G phone carrier signal and it still goes no where.

So I'm not really sure what to do here at this point.  Last time this happened, I was able to setup my SSID and network in the Unleashed app and get back up and running, but it will not work this time.

1000005731.jpg

1000005732.jpg

Hi @Joey_C 

Thank you for the response and the update.

Please try on a Laptop using a web browser. Please refer to the below Video for the same.

Ruckus Unleashed Set-up using Web:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8I5aVwMNMg

NOTE: As you have 2 R510 Access Points in your setup, remove the cables of any ONE Access Point from the Switch port, and perform the factory reset only on the ONE connected access point. Once you complete it, connect the unplugged Access point cables back to the Switch ports and it will sync up with the configurations from the factory reset Access Point. 

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Just wanted to drop an update.

You helped me get to the solution by suggesting using a laptop.  By doing so, you are basically suggesting the problem was not my R510, but my mobile Unleashed app.  So I did the equivalent of a "factory reset" on my app (which is to go into app settings -> storage -> and delete the app cache and app data).  This essentially restores the app back to new as if it was freshly installed on my phone and never before used.  When I did that, I was able to fetch the default configuration from the R510 and setup my network.

Once I did, nothing would connect, nothing could find the gateway (router running DHCP) to pull an IP...so no devices had IP addresses.  When I factory reset the ICX switch, that fixed that problem and suddenly my router showed I had 28 devices connected (basically my network was up and my devices were connected via layer 3 (IP).

Took me a while to recover from a simple power outage, but finally back up and running.

Hi @Joey_C 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response and the update.

When your Unleashed APs are on an older version may cause an issue with the App factory reset configuration. That is the reason we ask try using the web browser factory reset configuration.

However, Good to know that the issue is now resolved. 

We appreciate your time and patience on this case.

Thank you again for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community and feel free to contact us for future queries.

Have a great day ahead!!!

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi