cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to locate R510 AP serial Number

Joey_C
New Contributor

Lennar owner.  We had a power outage and the AP's are broadcasting "Recover.Me".  Well the instructions I found on the forum say to log in with the serial number as the password.  Problem is, I cannot get the access point off the ceiling to see the serial number on the back of it.  The forum instructions say "in that event, log into the Unleashed app and pull it from there".  Well, obviously someone didn't tell the support technician that when your network is offline, nothing shows up in the Unleashed app, but a message saying your network is offline.  I can't see my ICX switch or my AP's in the App right now and I won't be able to until I recover my access points.  But I can't do that without the serial number.  Is there a way to get this number that DOESN'T involve factory resetting my AP's, burning my Unleashed network to the ground and starting all over from scratch?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Joey_C 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the information you shared.

As per the case description, I understand that your RUCKUS Access Points are broadcasting Recover.Me network.

Please note, AP serial number will not help to get this issue resolved. AP broadcast recover.me SSID when the AP loses connectivity to the gateway due to a power outage/spike or change in Internet Service Provider (ISP).

The only option here is to physical factory reset the Access Points. 

Please refer to the below RUCKUS Lennar Knowledge Base self-help article explaining the Access Points factory reset process.

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Lennar-Support-Knowledge/Factory-reset-process-of-the...

Please let me know if you need help at any point during the process.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Joey_C
New Contributor

1000005718.jpg

Hi @Joey_C 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the information you shared.

As per the case description, I understand that your RUCKUS Access Points are broadcasting Recover.Me network.

Please note, AP serial number will not help to get this issue resolved. AP broadcast recover.me SSID when the AP loses connectivity to the gateway due to a power outage/spike or change in Internet Service Provider (ISP).

The only option here is to physical factory reset the Access Points. 

Please refer to the below RUCKUS Lennar Knowledge Base self-help article explaining the Access Points factory reset process.

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Lennar-Support-Knowledge/Factory-reset-process-of-the...

Please let me know if you need help at any point during the process.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

I was afraid of that.  Wanted to avoid rebuilding the net in Unleashed due to a simple 3 hour power outage...but I guess it can't be helped.  Thanks.

Hi @Joey_C 

Thank you for the response and the information you shared.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Factory reset of the APs would take some minutes.

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi