cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home (SOHO) installation guide/recommendation

joseph_gallegos
New Contributor
Gents/Ladies

I've been looking for a Wifi setup to replace my Apple Airport Extreme in my home. After doing some research I've come across various manufacturers including Ruckus. Additionally, I had the opportunity to view a set of newly built Lennar homes with a Wifi system built by Ruckus & I also noticed a few links in the Ruckus website touting this new venture. I know Ruckus is primarily targets the enterprise markets but I am interested in pursuing a Ruckus platform for my home. I believe the setup used on the Lennar homes included a couple of R510 Unleashed access points and a ICX7150 compact switch. I only have a couple of questions:

1) Does Ruckus have any literature or guides for developing a small system for a home?
2) Does Ruckus offer a simulated heat map tool for the home owner (1 time use) so I can determine placement and coverage for a given Ruckus access point. I know Ruckus offers ZonePlanner for $495(retail) for enterprise efforts. I'd really like to perform a heat map analysis with my floor plan to see which access point(s) and location(s) are best in my home.

v/r

Joe
5 REPLIES 5

A pair separated as far as your wiring allows, would provide the best coverage.

If you can't get wire to the far side of the house, simple POE switch and your 2nd R510 can Mesh (bring both up together on wire before moving intended Mesh AP) to your wired Master.