cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got disconnected and connection disappeared during firmware update.

JMOCANA
New Contributor

During update of unleashed firmware my internet connection disappeared, the extender router started showing amber light on 5G and 2.4

70 REPLIES 70

Hi @JMOCANA 

Thanks for the update.

Please share the screenshot of the error you are getting while following the steps 8.

Best regards,

Jayavidhya

Lennar Home Community

Hi @JMOCANA 

The Amber LED on 2.4 and 5 GHz means there is no client associated/connected to the 2.4 and 5GHz radio.

sarita_shekhar_0-1658230663604.png

Please try the following troubleshooting steps.

1. Hard reset the AP using a paper clip to factor default it. Press and hold the FD pinhole for 40 secs.

2. Create a Test SSID

3. Try to connect any client to the SSID.

Note: In case the client doesn't connect to 5GHz, then for testing, disable 2.4 GHz radio on the AP and try to connect to the AP on 5GHz to verify if the client is getting associated and the LED turns Green.

Please try the above mentioned steps to see whether the lights turn green or not.

Best regards,

Jayavidhya

Lennar Home Community

JMOCANA
New Contributor

All connections are according to the above diagram. I rebooted my internet and now the light of the access point ctrl is off. 

Hi @JMOCANA 

Thanks for the details provided.

Please follow the below steps to make sure your access point is working fine or not?

1. Please check if this is happening on the ISP router or specific Access Point ? 

2- Please check whether the cable is working fine or not

3- Please connect a PC directly to the Ruckus Switch ICX-7150 to see if you are having the same connectivity issue.

4- Also please try the physical reset of the AP using the following guide.

Physical Factory Reset of RUCKUS Access Point:

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/Physical-Factory-Reset-an-Ac...

Please let us know if you have any queries in this regard.

Best regards,

Jayavidhya

Lennar Home Community

JMOCANA
New Contributor

Just to provide further background, my access point (R510) was up-and-running flawlessly, unit I access the ruckus unleaded hub, which asked me about updating the firmware (from 2.07 to 2.09), which I click on the update, at the moment that the software finished uploading, my internet account associated to the access point disappeared. all cables are in place properly (as shown in the diagram provided by you. The internet router is working properly, which I rebooted, and since the following lights are showing at the access point device:

Power: solid green

CTRL: No light

Air: No Light

2.4: Solid amber

5: Solid amber