cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Force Device to Access a Certain Access Point?

corey_salm
New Contributor II
My home came with 2 Ruckus r510 Unleashed Mesh Network installed by the builder (Lennar). I'm noticing my computer even though upstairs keeps connecting to the downstairs access point and thus getting slower speeds. I also noticed that my Galaxy S8 Phone when going around the house will not auto-switch to the closer one without me turning wifi off and then on again.

I have access to the mobile APP and webUI but the settings are a bit overwhelming for what i'm used to.

Can you please advise if there is a settings I have to adjust for this? Both are running the newest firmware.

Thanks for your help.

-Corey
7 REPLIES 7

michael_brado
Esteemed Contributor II
The decision to roam to another AP is made by the client device's radio and supplicant,usually there is a signal threshold.

josh_hymer
New Contributor III
Yes, there is a way to do this.  Ruckus support did this for me several years ago.  They had to use the console in the ap controller to run the command.  We had major problems with the Intel 6200 not roaming correctly.  Usually connecting to the farthest AP from the client.  I just noticed that you don't have an AP Controller.  Not sure it can be done without it.  I'm sorry.

corey_salm
New Contributor II
I was given only a 12 port gigabit switch and these 2 access points. They work well just annoying to have to keep disconnecting when I walk up and down the stairs. I think I'm going to see if I can call a company to just run a CAT6 cable to my office so I can direct connect my desktop pc.

corey_salm
New Contributor II
Image_ images_messages_5f91c440135b77e2479e9c56_469ea5769f1698538f73a991d1f0fe82_RackMultipart20181017107580sq5-daabf916-96b2-4575-80df-a6dde9713c42-1037666799.jpg1539737612