cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faulty equipment, need an RMA

BillRamos
New Contributor

No internet or wifi starting 3 AM this morning. I unplugged the Ruckus ICX-7150-C12P and am able to connect hardwired to the internet. If I plug it back in I lose the hardwired connection and still no wifi.

41 REPLIES 41

Hi @BillRamos 

Thank you for the response.

Apologies, as mentioned earlier your RUCKUS devices are in normal state and may have some configurations issues which can resolved by getting CLI.

This is a software issue and replacement is not covered for software issues as per our policies.

If you are unable get CLI access using IP address, the only option left is getting console CLI access.

Here is a guide on how to access to the Switch via console (cable access between your PC to the ICX 7150-C12P) in this case we need a USB type C to USB standard OR Console cable Rj45 to USB (Any one cable- please refer the guide)

How to console in the ICX-7150-C12P

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-console-in-the-ICX-71...

If you get Console access please help with below command access.

Please enter the below commands once you log in to console CLI and share the output.

Note: Hit Enter to accept each command 

enable 

show version

show flash

show inline power 
show interface brief

Please share the output of the above commands or share the screenshots if stuck at any step or error (if any) and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again. We appreciate your patience and understanding. 

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I did all that and it led to nothing.

2.jpg

Hi @BillRamos 

Thank you for the response and the information you shared. 

You are getting the correct Console CLI window.

This issue is because your switch is running on the Routing code (SPR). The Switch should run on the Switching code (SPS) to avoid these issues for Lennar home users. Due to a power outage/power spike, the Switch boots up on the other partition which may be running on a ‘Routing Code’ results in causing this issue.

As I can see from the output you shared, your Switch is booted up on the secondary partition which is running on Routing code (SPR) as highlighted in the screenshot below. 

Please Enter the below commands in CLI to fix this issue:

Note: Hit Enter to accept each command 

enable

copy flash flash secondary 

boot system flash secondary yes 

Example: 

VIDEO LINK AS REFERENCEhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eem1IBgYaWc

ICX7150-24P Router>enable (hit enter to accept the command) 
ICX7150-24P Router#copy flash flash secondary (hit enter to accept the command and wait: until the flash finished) 
ICX7150-24P Router#boot system flash secondary yes (hit enter to accept the command: the switch will reboot)

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Did I answer your queries? If yes, hit the Kudos buttons and also accept the answers as Accepted solutions.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I entered the following as instructed:

enable

copy flash flash secondary 

boot system flash secondary yes 

But I do not get ICX7150-24P Router>enable but rather the screen is blank, I type "enable" and as yo can see it says No password has been assigned yet...
ICX7150-C12-Router#TFTP session timed out then I enter "show version" and you can see the rest yourself.
As a side questions, what am I trying to accomplish, turning it back into a router or a switch?

1.png

2.png

I followed all the steps provided, please see below. The wifi worked for a few seconds then went out again. I am exactly where I was when I first reached out.

If I disconnect the Ruckus from the router I have hard wired internet and no wifi.

If I connect the Ruckus to the router I lose the hard wired connectivity and still have no wifi.

WHen I try to connect to my home wifi network my phone shows my network as "Saved/No internet access".

Putty results 1.png

Putty results 2.png