cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failing to bring up Ruckus AP RS510

shashv0711
New Contributor

I just moved in to an existing configured Ruckus system. I have internet at my place through the router installed by the ATnt provider and is connected to the Ruckus switch.

As I try to bring up the Access Points, I followed this process:

Removed all other AP connections to Switch. Only one AP is connected on which I am doing RESET.

I press RESET button at the back of this AP for 15 secs. 

At first Power LED turns BLINKING RED followed by solid RED. After a min or so, it Blinks GREEN followed by solid GREEN. 

At this point, I see CONFIGURE-ME-XXXX wifi, however it either disappears after sometime or asks for Password (which I am aware). 

Few attempts, it goes back to SOLID RED. 

I am running out of options to troubleshoot this further. Could you please assist on how to get this working ?

12 REPLIES 12

Hi Imran, 
Thanks for the response. 
I moved the internet ethernet cable to one of the 12 ports. I dont think my APs are still working as expected. I have 4 APs - 

1. Attached

2. Attached 

3rd and 4th do not have any lights on. but I think they are plugged in one of those 12 ports. 

Also, Right now my devices are connected to the network that my Internet provider Router/Modem combo. Will the APs have a new network that I need to connect to? How to make sure there is only one network in the house and all devices are connected to that. 

Bedroom APBedroom APLiving room APLiving room AP

Hi @shashv0711 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response and the detailed information you shared.

We have to perform a factory reset to the Access Point and configure it with a new Network Wi-Fi. However, we may have to check some configurations on your Switch since your 2 Access Points are not getting any Power. Before that, could you please unplug and plug back all the ethernet cables to your RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch and check if ALL Access Points get powered ON?

If there is no change, please help us with the command output following the below process.

Please follow the below steps and help us with the queries:

1. To check this issue, we must identify the ‘current’ IP address assigned by your local router to the switch ICX-7150-C12P

I will leave you a guide on how to perform an IP scanner on your local network to identify the switch IP address very easily. 

How to find my Ruckus “Devices IP address” using free applications:

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-find-my-Ruckus-Device...

2. Once we identify the IP address of the switch proceed to access remotely to the device “Command Line” 

How to remotely access to 'ICX 7150-C12P' or 'access points' "Network devices":

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-remotely-access-to-IC...

If you can access the Command line should look like this:

ICX7150-C12 Router> OR

ICX7150-C12 Switch>

Please enter the below commands once you log in to CLI and share the output.

Note: Hit Enter to accept each command 

enable 

show version

show flash

show inline power 
show interface brief

Please share the output of the above commands or share the screenshots if stuck at any step or error (if any) and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again. We appreciate your patience and understanding. 

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

HI Imran, 
I unplugged all ethernel ports and plugged back in. looks like all the APs are up (I see lights in them). Could you please help with next steps ? 

Hi @shashv0711 

Greetings!!!
Thank you for the response and the update.

We may now need to factory reset the APs. Please follow the below process to factory reset your APs to configure them with a new SSID.

IMPORTANT NOTE: To perform a factory reset correctly on one of the access points, you must disconnect the rest of your other access points from the "ICX-7150-switch". For example, if you have 3 access points, you should go to the switch and disconnect 2 of the cables to turn off the "2 access points" and only leave 1 connected with which we are going to work the factory reset once you configure the access point and make sure all is good, go ahead and reconnect the other Access Points back.

Physical Factory Reset of RUCKUS Access Point:

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/Physical-Factory-Reset-an-Ac...

Ruckus Unleashed Set-up using Web:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8I5aVwMNMg

Password recovery setup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqnG8fupaLk

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Thanks for the steps. The APs are up and running.

now that I have a new network through these APs, I have two networks in total. The other is from the modem/router combo device. Is there a way to disable that?

Also, when I try to login back to Unleashed App, it says I am not connected to unleaded network. But I am connected to this newly setup network. Could you please let me know why I am unable to login?