cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ethernet issue with some sites/apps

david_white
New Contributor II

Some websites & apps (like discord) not working through ethernet.  If I reset the Ruckus switch/WAP, the ethernet & apps work fine until it comes back from reset.  then, it doesn't work again.  Happening on multiple PC's.

Very strange issue, other sites like youtube, yahoo, google, etc work just fine.  have factory reset the Ruckus and the AT&T gateway.  Set the wireless back up and still have same issue.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

david_white
New Contributor II

created ticket and problem resolved.  Power outage followed by device booting as a router instead of switch.  Tech loaded switch image and everything works fine again.

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17

R510 doesn't need 802.3at power, so it is not applicable for your APs.

Check on the internet about servers used by specific applications. Some applications like Netflix comes with a network connection test page, where you should be able to find the server's application is trying to reach.

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

david_white
New Contributor II

I was reading through some other posts and saw something similar where the issue was the switch rebooting as a router instead of a switch.  How do I check if that is my issue?

Hi David,

I think running "show version" will give you more info about router/switch code.

Syamantak Omer
Follow me on LinkedIn

david_white
New Contributor II

new data: smart tv's plugged into ethernet (currently connected from ATT gateway through the Ruckus switch) will not load apps like Netflix.  continuous connection error.  when i disconnect ethernet from TV and connect TV directly to ATT or Ruckus wifi, it works fine. 

Do you mean Ruckus AP or Ruckus switch?

Check the switch code and make sure it is running on switch image, not router. If its already running on switch code, please report this issue to RUCKUS support for further investigation.

Syamantak Omer
Follow me on LinkedIn