cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacing installed AP's

tom_shanahan_d3
New Contributor II

I have a Lennar Home with 3 Ruckus 510's preinstalled with 1GB Fiber from Metronet locally. Can I just swap a 510 with a 710, since it seems that the throughput would be better aligned to a fiber service?  Will the same POE work for both? Assuming it would need to be configured. Thank you in advance for any help!

2 REPLIES 2

syamantakomer
Community Admin
Community Admin

HI Tom,

Yes, you can add R710s but make sure R710s has Unleashed firmware on it, else system will not recognize it on existing Unleashed network.

Correct way of swapping is:

• Connect one R710 on any available port on ICX switch. Make sure you do not disconnected other R310 APs yet.
  • If R710 has Unleashed version running on it, current master will discover it and will upgrade it automatically.
  • Now repeat the same for rest of the R710.
  • Once you have all R710 upgraded and configured, start swapping one by one. Make sure at least 1 AP is always online in the network, else your entire network will go down.
  • R710 is a 4x4 AP and will function with its full capacity when 802.3at power is provided by switch. So make sure you set the AP power to AT from AF, under Access Point >> Group >> Model specific settings.

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

@syamantak_omer THANK  YOU!!!!