cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connectivity issues still occuring after power outage 2 days ago

yeahdawg
New Contributor

We had a power outage on monday around 12:05pm pst and ever since then our Ruckus system has had connectivity issues. Other neighbors in the same Lennar community have also experienced the same issue, regardless of their ISP. I and one other neighbor have ATT and most of the other neighbors have Spectrum.  If I bypass the Ruckus system and just connect our devices to the ATT router, it works PERFECT, no issues.

We have restarted our ruckus system and access points countless times. I have tried multiple ethernet cords as well.

Our system

• Ruckus ICX 7150-C12P (Power connected to a surge protector)
  • 2 AP (1 downstairs, 1 upstairs)

Our internet download speed(800 mbits) and upload speed (500 mbits) have been great, it is just that certain websites and services are having issues buffering/connecting/resolving and eventullay just timeout. Here is an example screenshot of website just timing out. I have to hit ctrl+f5 repeatedly for a couple minutes and it might work. This occurs in any browser, I have tested google chrome and mozilla firefox. 

connection-timed-out-chrome.JPG

On my desktop PC, I am hardlined via ethernet directly into the Ruckus system and still have connectivity issues, which to me says that this is not an AP problem since APs are used for wifi. If I connect my desktop PC to the ATT router WIFI, again my internet works perfectly.  

Here are screenshots of the ruckus system lights

Ruckus ICX 7150-C12P

1.jpg

2.jpg

AP Upstairs

4.jpg

 AP downstairs

3.jpg

I even went as far as trying to follow this guide on how to fix routing code issues but since the guide is out of date I am not able to find the Flash information area to configure the boot sequence.

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-Fix-Routing-code-issu...

I am able to hit my ruckus system using its ip address to get to Ruckus Commscope on my desktop pc chrome browser and it is showing 0 working switches, can this be a cause of the issue?? Here is a screenshot. 

5.JPG

 Here is also a screenshot of the android app showing no switch 

Screenshot_20230719-131300.png

It is no coincidence that me and a some neighbors in the same community are having internet issues regardless of ISP. I will be on the lookout for a reply on this thread that will most likely ask for more diagnostic info but I think it would be more benifical to call me which is in profile info that you guys have. Other people in the forum are experincing this issue after a power outage as well. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @yeahdawg 

Thank you for the response and the update. 

Could you please close putty and login once again via Telnet and try?

If there is same issue, please enter below commands and try.

enable

reload  (This command will reboot the Switch)

y (Wait until the Switch comes up after reboot and restart Putty, perform next commands) 

copy flash flash secondary 

boot system flash secondary yes 

Please check and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23

Imran_ruckus

Hi @yeahdawg 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting Lennar Home Community.

Hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the detailed information you shared.

As per the case description, I could understand that you have Internet connectivity issues via the RUCKUS setup after a power outage.

This issue may happen when the Switch runs on the Routing code (SPR). The Switch should run on the Switching code (SPS) to avoid these issues for Lennar home users. If the Switch boots up on the other partition (Due to a power outage/power spike may be) which may be running on a ‘Routing Code’ results in causing this issue. To check the same please follow the below process.

Please follow the below steps and help us with the queries,

1. To check this issue, we must identify the ‘current’ IP address assigned by your local router to the switch ICX-7150-C12P

I will leave you a guide on how to perform an IP scanner on your local network to identify the switch IP address very easily. 

How to find my Ruckus “Devices IP address” using free applications:

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-find-my-Ruckus-Device...

2. Once we identify the IP address of the switch proceed to access remotely to the device “Command Line” 

How to remotely access to 'ICX 7150-C12P' or 'access points' "Network devices":

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-remotely-access-to-IC...

If you can access the Command line should look like this:

ICX7150-C12 Router> OR

ICX7150-C12 Switch>

Please enter the below commands once you log in to CLI and share the output.

Note: Hit Enter to accept each command 

enable 

show version

show flash

Please share the output of the above commands or share the screenshots if stuck at any step or error (if any) and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

yeahdawg
New Contributor

I have tried the above steps and was able ot get in but when trying to show version or showflash this it what it shows. I tried it two different types

first try

putty1.JPG

 2nd try

putty2.JPG

Hi @yeahdawg 

Thank you for the response and the update.

The command prompt is “ruckus>” on CLI meaning You are using Access Points IP address to access the CLI. Please run an IP scan once again and find the Switch IP Address. 

You should see the Switch Dashboard as shown in the below screenshot to confirm it’s a Switch IP Address. 

As mentioned already, try to access your switch from a web browser by pasting the below URL in HTTP or https form whichever that works.

https://0.0.0.0 or http://0.0.0.0 (IP address of Switch. 0.0.0.0 is just as an example)

Once you confirm the Switch IP Address, please try to access the CLI as mentioned in the other guide from the last post and help us with the command outputs.

If you can access the CLI, the command prompt should look like below:

ICX7150-C12 Router> OR

ICX7150-C12 Switch>

Please check and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

yeahdawg
New Contributor

Hi Irman, The switch is not even showing up in the advanced IP scanner, only the APs are. See screenshot. 

I have also tried accessing the other two ip address that start with 192.168.1 but no luck. This leads me to believe that their is something wrong with the switch? Even though we are getting internet access.

11.JPG