cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connectivity issues still occuring after power outage 2 days ago

yeahdawg
New Contributor

We had a power outage on monday around 12:05pm pst and ever since then our Ruckus system has had connectivity issues. Other neighbors in the same Lennar community have also experienced the same issue, regardless of their ISP. I and one other neighbor have ATT and most of the other neighbors have Spectrum.  If I bypass the Ruckus system and just connect our devices to the ATT router, it works PERFECT, no issues.

We have restarted our ruckus system and access points countless times. I have tried multiple ethernet cords as well.

Our system

• Ruckus ICX 7150-C12P (Power connected to a surge protector)
  • 2 AP (1 downstairs, 1 upstairs)

Our internet download speed(800 mbits) and upload speed (500 mbits) have been great, it is just that certain websites and services are having issues buffering/connecting/resolving and eventullay just timeout. Here is an example screenshot of website just timing out. I have to hit ctrl+f5 repeatedly for a couple minutes and it might work. This occurs in any browser, I have tested google chrome and mozilla firefox. 

connection-timed-out-chrome.JPG

On my desktop PC, I am hardlined via ethernet directly into the Ruckus system and still have connectivity issues, which to me says that this is not an AP problem since APs are used for wifi. If I connect my desktop PC to the ATT router WIFI, again my internet works perfectly.  

Here are screenshots of the ruckus system lights

Ruckus ICX 7150-C12P

1.jpg

2.jpg

AP Upstairs

4.jpg

 AP downstairs

3.jpg

I even went as far as trying to follow this guide on how to fix routing code issues but since the guide is out of date I am not able to find the Flash information area to configure the boot sequence.

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-Fix-Routing-code-issu...

I am able to hit my ruckus system using its ip address to get to Ruckus Commscope on my desktop pc chrome browser and it is showing 0 working switches, can this be a cause of the issue?? Here is a screenshot. 

5.JPG

 Here is also a screenshot of the android app showing no switch 

Screenshot_20230719-131300.png

It is no coincidence that me and a some neighbors in the same community are having internet issues regardless of ISP. I will be on the lookout for a reply on this thread that will most likely ask for more diagnostic info but I think it would be more benifical to call me which is in profile info that you guys have. Other people in the forum are experincing this issue after a power outage as well. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @yeahdawg 

Thank you for the response and the update. 

Could you please close putty and login once again via Telnet and try?

If there is same issue, please enter below commands and try.

enable

reload  (This command will reboot the Switch)

y (Wait until the Switch comes up after reboot and restart Putty, perform next commands) 

copy flash flash secondary 

boot system flash secondary yes 

Please check and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23

Hi @yeahdawg 

Yes, ‘boot system flash secondary yes’ will restart the flash system.

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

yeahdawg
New Contributor

Ok it looks like it is running in SPS Mode.

yeahdawg_0-1689803983823.png

How does Ruckus and Lennar expect your average user to do all this? I find that super hard to believe that there is not a quick patch or hotfix you can apply to these devices. I spent the last two hours on with you trying to figure this out and it is now working. Power outages happen and a surge protector didnt even protect my switch fromn thisn 

Hi @yeahdawg 

Effective November’2022, ‘Ruckus Support for Lennar Homes customers will no longer be handled by phone or email. We will be exclusively supporting customers via this community forum support model only.

And please note that this forum is on best effort basis.

To avoid this issue in the future we suggest Upgrading your Switch to the latest stable version as your current 08080d version is very old. (Please refer to the below screenshot)

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

How do I update it to latest version? Thanks

Hi @yeahdawg 

Yes, we do have hotfix for such issues fixed in latest recommended versions.

Please let me know if you need assistance to Upgrade your Switch.

NOTE: Please mark the previous troubleshooting post as ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi