cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connections dropping with R150/ICX-7150-C12P

borokkuei
New Contributor

I'm having some connection issues with my home's ICX-7150-C12P and the two R150s. We noticed yesterday that downstairs clients have a very weak, unstable connection, and even ethernet seems to not be working reliably.

I have factory reset the two R150s and created a new SSID, but that doesn't seem to have worked.

I've been following this guide (https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Lennar-Support-Knowledge/How-to-find-the-IP-Address-o...) on how to get the ICX IP address, however it looks like I'm only getting the IP addresses of the two APs and no switch (only two devices with Ruckus Wireless as the Manufacturer) from the Advanced IP Scanner. From my ISP's router's IP address, I can see that 71.135.4.178 does take me to the ICX login page, but no login appears to work -- it repeatedly asks me to sign in, no matter what I type in.

My overall goal was to attempt on the troubleshooting on this page (https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/R510-Wifi-5G-signal-dropping...)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @borokkuei 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for your response and the update provided.

Regarding the issue of passthrough mode, it's worth noting that this mode is typically disabled by default, and it may not have been configured by your Internet Service Provider (ISP) initially. As mentioned in our previous communication, when passthrough mode is enabled, the ISP router assigns a public IP address to the device, allowing it to be accessed from anywhere in the world on any device. Disabling passthrough mode results in devices receiving a private IP address accessible only from devices connected to your ISP router within your home network.

It's important to recognize that when a device is configured in passthrough mode, it is assigned a WAN IP instead of a LAN IP. Consequently, other devices connected to your gateway may lose the ability to share files with the device operating in passthrough mode.

Did I answer your queries? If yes, hit the Kudos buttons and also accept the answers as Accepted solutions.

Thank you once again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

pinky_ruckus

Hello @borokkuei ,

Greetings!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the information you shared.

From the case description, I  observed that your Master AP is assigned with a Public IP address (71.135.4.178) by your ISP Router. However, it is always suggested to use a Private IP address for the Switch.

This happens when your ISP (Internet Service Provider) router is IP Passthrough enabled. It has to be in a disabled state to avoid any issues with the connectivity. I suspect this may be the reason for the issue you are facing. Please login to your ISP router account and disable the same. (Please refer to the below screenshot)

We suggest upgrading your switch to the latest stable version to avoid this issue in the future.

Please follow the below RUCKUS Lennar Knowledge base self-help article which will help you to upgrade the switch to the recommended version

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Lennar-Support-Knowledge/How-to-upgrade-RUCKUS-ICX-71...

Please follow the process explained in the article and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Also, please use the below combination as the default Switch credentials.

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Pinky Rajendran

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

borokkuei
New Contributor

You were right -- the AT&T router was configured in passthrough mode, and disabling that makes everything work great. Thanks for your help!

Quick question, though. Does passthrough mode get enabled due to ISP updates or something? Or, is it possible it's been configured that way for the past 3 years and we've just never noticed/it never got bad until recently?

Hi @borokkuei 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for your response and the update provided.

Regarding the issue of passthrough mode, it's worth noting that this mode is typically disabled by default, and it may not have been configured by your Internet Service Provider (ISP) initially. As mentioned in our previous communication, when passthrough mode is enabled, the ISP router assigns a public IP address to the device, allowing it to be accessed from anywhere in the world on any device. Disabling passthrough mode results in devices receiving a private IP address accessible only from devices connected to your ISP router within your home network.

It's important to recognize that when a device is configured in passthrough mode, it is assigned a WAN IP instead of a LAN IP. Consequently, other devices connected to your gateway may lose the ability to share files with the device operating in passthrough mode.

Did I answer your queries? If yes, hit the Kudos buttons and also accept the answers as Accepted solutions.

Thank you once again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community