cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection issues

daniel_deusterm
New Contributor II

We've been having intermittent outages since July '22. Everything on the ISP end is good. Last year we had our switch replaced do to faulty firmware. I cannot for the life of me figure out what the issue is. We lose connection and the equipment power cycles. Connection loss lasts anywhere from a few minutes to an hour or more. Some days are fine, other days it won't stay connected for more than a few minutes at a time. Connection loss happens on both wired and wireless.

ICX7150-C12P

3x R320

50 REPLIES 50

Hi @daniel_deusterm 

If the Switch is running SPS (Switching) you need to ensure if the issue is coming directly from your ISP router, so follow up the next steps.

1:Test the wired connection to the ISP router
Connect your computer with an Ethernet cable directly to your ISP router and run a speed test.

2:Test the wired connection to the Switch:
Connect your computer with an Ethernet cable directly to your ICX 7150 Switch, and run a speed test.

3:Test the wireless connection to the Unleashed system:
Connect your computer to the SSID/Unleashed Wi-Fi signal and run a speed test (here the speed may change because the Wi-Fi signals degrade a little and depend on your device is connected to 2.4 signal or 5G signal).

Note: The Speed test can be search in google, I always use the Xfinity one, however if your ISP have one specific page use that one.

Type speed test for general or <ISP name> Speed test

Yarenis_0-1669406211454.png

Click start test.

Yarenis_1-1669406242390.png

Note: If you gained access to the Switch CLI, please share the next two commands:

show version

show flash

Best regards,

Yarenis Hernández

Technical Support Engineer | L2 TAC Wired

router: 853 down 100 up

switch(wired): 802 down 100 up

aps(wireless): 208 down 100 up

if you gained access to the Switch CLI, please share the next two commands:

show version

show flash

I don't know what this means. I gained access via IP address in web browser.

Hi @daniel_deusterm 

Wired Speed seems fine, let's check the status of the Cables for the Access points using the Unleashed Dashboard, let me add the steps:

1:Visit while you are connected to the SSI/Unleashed WIF signal:

unleashed.ruckuswireless.com

2:Use the credential you know if you don't know it, please test the next options:

Username:                      Passwords:

admin                             sp-admin

Lennar

lennar

ruckus

Ruckus!

Ruckus1

admin

password

2:Once you gain access, the first we need to confirm is the type of signal your computer or phone is using because the speed will change between 2.4 and 5G.

Tap Clients>choose your phone or computer>move the bar to the right> check the signal type you are 2.4 or 5G(could say 802.11ac(for 5G) or 802.11g,b, a or n for 2.4 signal (which have lower speed but better range)

Guide:

https://docs.commscope.com/bundle/unleashed-200.13-onlinehelp/page/GUID-B52E2AA2-AE43-4CFB-966F-0E7D...

3:Let's check the cables speed per Access Points:

Access Points>choose the AP>Show AP Info>scroll>under Physical address must be on 1000Mbps if the speed is in less than 1000Mbps, you have cabling issues.

4:Check the connection between APs:

Click Show AP Info>Speed Test>here you will test the speed between APs, just worry about packet lost.

Note: Please share the results.

Best regards,

Yarenis Hernández

I'm on 5ghz, APs are set to Up 1000Mbps full.

speeds between APs is 240-290

Hi @daniel_deusterm 

Please share the APs logs, you may need to attached them.

Access Points>choose your AP one by one>Show AP Info>Save Logs

Guide:

https://docs.commscope.com/bundle/unleashed-200.13-onlinehelp/page/GUID-72E4946B-AC40-4C02-951F-993A...

Best regards,

Yarenis Hernández