cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection is unstable when using via AP, GUI is different than what shown in screenshots documents

Deepika
New Contributor

Internet connection is unstable when connected to AP. This was all working good during the first year of living in Lennar. Its been horrible for over 6 months now. The connection is unstable and speed is ridiculous when connected via AP. The connection and speed is fine when connected to internet via modem directly (by not using Ruckus). 

Checking the documentation here shows to fix the routing code. Via GUI, the screenshots and steps are completely different than the current dashboard(GUI) that I see when I login to unleashed GUI. 

Please share the new steps or directions to fix the routing code via new GUI. 

Thank you  

11 REPLIES 11

Jayavidhya

Hi @Deepika 

Greetings of the day,

Thanks for the detailed description,

Based on the description you have shared it seems like your switch may be booting from the secondary partition (NOTE: Secondary partition contains the routing code) which is causing the bad connectivity.

To solve this issue please look into the below guide which clearly explains the root cause and provides solution to the routing code issue.

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Lennar-Support-Knowledge/Title-Fixing-RUCKUS-ICX-7150...

Also If you had any doubts please share the screenshot of the error you are getting while following the guide.

Here is where you can upload the image/photo :

you can also drag it to the chat

Please let us know if you have any queries in this regard.

Best regards,

Jayavidhya

Lennar Home Community.

My GUI shows different than what it shows in the screenshots: 

My GUI looks like this 

Deepika_0-1707499388387.png

Please guide me where I can see the below steps written in the documentation: 

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Lennar-Support-Knowledge/Title-Fixing-RUCKUS-ICX-7150...

Deepika_0-1707499666298.png

My GUI doesnt show as in above image. Please let me know how to fix the routing code. 

Hi @Deepika 

Thanks for your response,

Please follow the below steps to find the switch GUI. 1: Find the IP address of the ICX7150 Switch.

If you have access to the Unleashed control panel it may appear under the Switches TAP, here you can see that the IP address of the Switch will be 192.168.1.3, of course this will change.

Yarenis_0-1668027966075.png

If it is not shown, or you do not have access to the Unleashed control panel, please follow the following guide to find the IP address of the Switch the name may look like ICX7150-C12-router, normally the name should be switch, but we have the problem about the routing code, making the Switch boot from the routing partition(secondary).

How to find my Ruckus “Devices IP address” using free applications

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-find-my-Ruckus-Device...

2: Now that you know the IP address of the Switch, in my case my IP address is 10.176.192.100, search for that IP address in the URL bar of your Web browser:

Yarenis_1-1668027966080.png

Hit login and the credentials must be

User: super

Password: sp-admin

Or test the combination

Usernames:           Passwords:

admin                    sp-admin

super                     Lennar

lennar

ruckus

Ruckus!

Ruckus1

admin

password

Yarenis_2-1668027966083.png

3: Now that you have access to the Switch, let's check what you have in flash, and from which code your Switch is booting.

A:Check what you have in the flash:

click on Monitor on the left > Flash > Flash Information

Yarenis_0-1668442573391.png

B:Check from which partition are you booting:

click on Monitor on the left >device

Yarenis_0-1668453690794.png

Please let us know if you have any queries in this regard.

Best regards,

Jayavidhya

Lennar Home Community

Deepika
New Contributor

Please try to understand the problem I'm saying. 

My UI is different than what you are sending. 

I followed the above 3 steps. 

I got my IP. 

I enter it in my URL as shown in the below image: 

image.png

I dont see the points A, B. 

I dont see the below : 

A:Check what you have in the flash:

Click on Monitor on the left > Flash > Flash Information

Please check the image I shared and tell me where is Monitor/Flash in my UI. Where should I click.

Please help me with relevant answers.