cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PoE Severe Error: PD on port 1/1/1 cannot be powered due to power being injected on another port

aabroom
New Contributor

First of all, I understand that this post is the same as many other posts from users with the same issue. I was told by Ruckus support that creating a new post (not commenting on others) is the only way to get support. 

I am using a Ruckus ICX7150-C12P and R510 APs. All of my APs lost power. I have completed all of the recommended steps including the full software recovery in this post:https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-perform-a-Software-re... I have also completed the steps to disable inline power to all ports other than 1 and 2. Currently, there is nothing but the single AP plugged into port 1. I still get the message PoE Severe Error: PD on port 1/1/1 cannot be powered due to power being injected on another port of this unit when connecting the AP. 

4 REPLIES 4

aabroom
New Contributor

Inline Power Status.PNGPoE Injected.PNGBad Blocks.PNG

Hi @aabroom 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the information you shared.

Apologies for the delayed response.

As per the case description, I understand that your RUCKUS Access Points are not working.

Could you please let me know if you have connected an external power adapter to the RUCKUS Access Points? If yes, please unplug it, and connect the AP only with an ethernet cable to any 1 in-12 ports (refer to the below screenshot) of the Switch. Since the Switch ports are PoE (Power over Ethernet).

Also, please enter the below commands and check once again:

Switch>enable
No password has been assigned yet...
Switch#configure terminal
Switch(config)#interface ethernet 1/1/1 to 1/1/12

Switch(config-mif-1/1/1-1/1/12)#inline power (please wait till the process gets complete and check)

Please check and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding. 

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Good morning, 

I have not connected an external power supply to either of the wireless access points. They are installed in the ceiling and no power is available (other than PoE). Also, the port that is being reported as having power is 1/1/4. The APs are installed in ports 1 and 2. 

Currently, I have unplugged all network cables from the switch other than port #1 which contains the first AP. Previously, I have already run the configuration option to disable inline power to all ports except port 1 and 2. That is one of the screen captures in my first reply. 

Just for completeness, I have rerun your supplied script for inline power to all ports and after unplugging and replugging the single AP on port 1, I get the same error about power being injected on port 1/1/4. There is nothing plugged into port 4. There is only a single network cable connected to port 1 for the AP. 

Hi @aabroom 

Thank you for the response and the update.

Could you please enter the below commands in to CLI and share the output?

Note: Hit Enter to accept each command 

enable 

show version

show flash

Please share the output of the above commands and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again. We appreciate your patience and understanding. 

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.