cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bought home with existing R510

jeff_villwock
New Contributor

Recently moved into a home with an existing R510 system installed on the ceiling.  Downloaded the Unleashed app which wants to install the system.  There is no config-me SSID being broadcast.  We installed a cable modem & router which works fine.  

Now what?

All of the tech videos assume that a config-me SSID is available.  This is in a Lennar built home.   From the videos I've seen apparently we have a ICX Switch in the attic?  That doesn't appear to be accessible.  

How do I get into this system.?

We have an electronic door lock & thermostat that should be run through the R510.

Thanks --

8 REPLIES 8

Hi Jeff,

Holding the reset button will remove all the network and IP configuration, means you have to configure the AP from the scratch (you will see configure.me WLAN).

How many total APs you have?

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

eizens_putnins
Valued Contributor II

As much as I understand, you have just 1 AP. So hard reset it using button, and configure from scratch. To do so, see that it is connected to your cable modem to get IP address and access to the Internet (there is probably switch or PoE adapter somewhere too). If you have a switch, you'll need to get physical access to it an reset it to factory  too, if switch configuration is unknown.

tim_adams
New Contributor

@syamantak_omer did you get this setup? I moved into a new Lennar home with the ability to log into a router and now 2 years later have gotten brave enough that I got ATT, an edge router 4, and have wifi through 2 access points, a VLAN for all of the automated devices that come in the Lennar home, and if needed the wifi from the actual ATT router. Long story short, I’ve configured these access points and switch probably a dozen times now from scratch so if you need any help let me know. 

@tim_adams Hi team, I think you wanted to mention @jeff_villwock.

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn