cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bought Lennar home, don’t know how to setup switch

DavidN
New Contributor

Hello, I bought a Lennar home with a ruckus switch. Not tech savvy and I’m trying to connect modem to switch to get wireless internet through access points.can anyone assist please? 

11 REPLIES 11

Hello! Thank you for your patience and responses. I am using a modem separate from router. I’m guessing my switch and access points have enough security that I don’t need a router if the access point do the same thing. So I don’t need a router since the internet signal coming from ISP is going directly into the switch via Ethernet and then again via Ethernet to the switches to broadcast the Wi-Fi out in the hall ways. Is this correct understanding? So do I just need to look at resetting the access points and creating a new network? 

pinky_ruckus

Hello @DavidN  ,

Greetings!

This is a follow-up in reference to the case you have opened in the Ruckus Lennar Support Community.

I would like to know if you require further assistance since our last correspondence. Should you have any questions or if the status of your case has changed, please let me know by responding to this post.

Please feel free to contact if you have any further concerns regarding the same.

Best regards,

Pinky Rajendran

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Thank you for answering and your patience. I have a separate modem. If my I,SP is coming into my modem, and then via ethernet going directly to the switch, and from the switch via ethernet going directly to the access points than I do not need a router, is this correct? So I just need to maybe reset the access points and create a new net work based on the signal that is coming from the modem? 

Hello @DavidN ,

Thank you for the response.

I understand you wanted to know if you could connect the Switch directly to the modem and then connect the access points to the Switch, bypassing the router.

The router plays a crucial role in a network by assigning IP addresses to devices and managing  communication between them. While, the modem's primary function is to establish an Ethernet connection with your Internet Service Provider (ISP).

I hope this clarifies your question.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Regards,

Pinky Rajendran

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community

Hello @DavidN ,

Greetings!

This is a follow-up in reference to the case you have opened in the Ruckus Lennar Support Community.

I would like to know if you require further assistance since our last correspondence. Should you have any questions or if the status of your case has changed, please let me know by responding to this post.

Please feel free to contact if you have any further concerns regarding the same.

Best regards,

Pinky Rajendran

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.