cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access Points not powering on after changing modem & router

koltenp
New Contributor

I am attempting to reconnect to my APs after a modem/router change. I am able to power up my switch - with green lights and wired connectivity - but not able to get any lights on the 2 APs (510) in the home. I attempted to reset both APs but still no lights or power.

Any guidance you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @koltenp 

Thank you for the response.

APs are PoE devices that are not getting power from the Switch PoE ports causing this issue.

You can proceed with the replacement.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24

Hi @koltenp 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response and the update.

As per the light status of your RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch, it is in a normal state. However, the Switch ports might have gone into a disabled state. That is the reason Switch is not supplying power from its ports.

To fix this issue, please refer to the RUCKUS Lennar Knowledge Base self-help article and follow the process.

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Lennar-Support-Knowledge/NO-Power-on-Access-Points-an...

Please let me know if you need any help during the process.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Imran, thanks for the updated information. I followed the knowledge base article, but I ran into an issue. After I downloaded Lan Scan app to my Macbook and ran the program, it did not find the Ruckus IP address, preventing me from moving forward with the next steps. Please note that the wired devices connected to the Switch are operating normally and show up on the LAN scan.

Hi @koltenp 

Please reboot (unplug and plug from the power outlet) your Internet Service Provider’s (ISP) Router and RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch once. Then check the IP Scan once again.

Please check the other IP Addresses from the IP scan results, by the name of Ruckus Wireless OR Brocade Communications to confirm the IP address of the Switch and access the CLI.

Another solution is to log in to your local Router and check the 'device list'

https://www.wikihow.com/See-Who-Is-Connected-to-Your-Wireless-Network

Please check and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Hello, once you noted that the device could be Brocade Communications, I saw it on the LAN scan. With the IP address identified, I accessed the CLI and was able to check on the ports. They are in the ON state. Please see screenshot.

What should I do next?

Please note: I alsoScreenshot 2024-04-08 at 2.37.06 PM.png attempted to login through my browser to the IP address, but it would not accept any credentials (including the credentials I use to login via the Ruckus Unleashed mobile app and the default passwords listed in the knowledge base).

Hi @koltenp 

Please enter the below commands and try once if they powers up.

Switch>enable
No password has been assigned yet...
Switch#configure terminal
Switch(config)#interface ethernet 1/1/1 to 1/1/12
Switch(config-mif-1/1/1-1/1/12)#no inline power (please wait till the process gets complete)

Switch(config-mif-1/1/1-1/1/12)#inline power (please wait till the process gets complete and check)

Please check and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi