cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access Points not powering on after changing modem & router

koltenp
New Contributor

I am attempting to reconnect to my APs after a modem/router change. I am able to power up my switch - with green lights and wired connectivity - but not able to get any lights on the 2 APs (510) in the home. I attempted to reset both APs but still no lights or power.

Any guidance you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @koltenp 

Thank you for the response.

APs are PoE devices that are not getting power from the Switch PoE ports causing this issue.

You can proceed with the replacement.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24

Imran_ruckus

Hi @koltenp  

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the information you shared.

As per the case description, I understand that your RUCKUS R510 Access Points are not powering up.

Could you please unplug/plug the Access Points ethernet cables from the Switch ports and check? You can plug into any 1 in-12 ports as highlighted in the below screenshot.

Please check and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

koltenp
New Contributor

Thank you for responding, Imran.

I have unplugged/plugged both access points from/into the switch but they still are not showing any lights or power. 

Hi @koltenp 

Greetings!!!

I hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the information you shared.

On your switch while it's plugged into the outlet, do you see any lights on? (Amber or green) Please let us know which lights are on. (Please refer to the below picture and share a picture of the same, showing the light status and the FULL Switch panel cable connections to the Switch ports)

Please help us with pictures of your ICX-7150-C12P Switch showing the status of the lights and cable connections to the Switch ports. 

Before uploading the photos please log in to the RUCKUS account and you can upload the image.

Please let me know the answer to the above query and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Imran, thank you for the follow-up - apologies for the delay.

Please see the attached photo showing both green lights and an amber light on the switch. Please let me know what additional information I can provide.

IMG_2889.jpg