cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access Points not powering on after changing modem & router

koltenp
New Contributor

I am attempting to reconnect to my APs after a modem/router change. I am able to power up my switch - with green lights and wired connectivity - but not able to get any lights on the 2 APs (510) in the home. I attempted to reset both APs but still no lights or power.

Any guidance you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @koltenp 

Thank you for the response.

APs are PoE devices that are not getting power from the Switch PoE ports causing this issue.

You can proceed with the replacement.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24

Hi @koltenp 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response and the update.

I see from the screenshot your RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch, is an older version. That might be causing these issues.

We suggest you upgrade your Switch to the recommended stable version.

Please refer to the below RUCKUS Lennar Knowledge base self-help article for the upgrade process.

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Lennar-Support-Knowledge/How-to-upgrade-RUCKUS-ICX-71...

Please perform the upgrade and let me know if you are stuck at any point.

We suggest using a Windows laptop/PC for Option 2. If you don’t have a Windows laptop, you can refer to option 1 and upgrade.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Using option 2 I was able to make it to step 17. But then I got the following error message: 

"Fatal: Vmain (48V) fault has forced all ports on slot 0 to lose power."

Screenshot 2024-04-10 at 8.59.51 PM.png
Please see screenshot and advise.

Hi @koltenp 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response and the update.

Could you please perform the below commands and then try to upgrade once again?

Switch>enable
No password has been assigned yet...
Switch#conf t
Switch(config)#no logging console

Please check and let me know if that works. 

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

When I attempt to connect to the switch via CLI using this prompt, I get the same error message dozens of times.

"koltenparker@Koltens-MacBook-Pro-2 ~ % nc 192.168.0.69 23

????telnet@ICX7150-C12-Switch>PoE Fatal: Vmain (48V) fault has forced all ports on slot 0 to lose power."

I cannot enter any other commands without getting the exact same error message. Are you able to remote in to my laptop and solve the issue?

Hi @koltenp 

Thank you for the response and for sharing the details.

Based on the troubleshooting done, your ICX-7150-C12P Switch PoE ports are not working and are unable to transmit power. we tried to enable the PoE ports using CLI commands with no success. When we tried to upgrade the Switch to a stable version, there was an error ‘Vmain (48V) fault has forced all ports on slot 0 to lose power’. The failure persists and it's the hardware issue. This Switch unit Should be RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) in simple words replacing it.

Feel free to contact us via chat, comment you already have a post, copy the link from the post (URL), and paste it into the chat to start the unit replacement.

Please follow the steps as shown in the below example:

As shown in the below picture, copy the link and share it via chat from the link provided:

The below link is to contact us by chat (only)

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

Did I answer your queries? If yes, hit the Kudos buttons and also accept the answers as Accepted solutions.

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi