cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Acces points not working causing thermostat, ring and other devices not to work

Mel
New Contributor

Our access points went blank. Not sure when or how. There’s no lights on the one upstairs or downstairs. The main ruckus box shows green lights (none amber). Because of this, things like the downstairs thermostat, ring doorbell and other things are not working either. There’s also a black box named kevo that is not working. We tried resetting, unplugging and plugging back. Nothing seems to work. I have never touched these boxes for anyhting before and I don’t understand them. Please help…

13 REPLIES 13

IMG_7144.jpeg

Screenshot attached…

Hi @Mel 

Greetings!!!
Thank you for the response and the information you shared.

As I see from the screenshot you shared, your RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P switch is on an older 8061a version which is causing this issue. We suggest you upgrade your Switch to a recommended stable version. Please refer to the below RUCKUS Lennar Knowledge Base self-help guide for the upgrade process.

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Lennar-Support-Knowledge/How-to-upgrade-RUCKUS-ICX-71...

Please follow the above process and let me know if you need any help during the Upgrade process.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I am trying to use a MAC and I am not able to do the upgrade. I have tried multiple things and all I was able to do was download the files. nothing else. I need further help on this matter.

Hi @Mel 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response and the update.

Please try to upgrade your RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch using option-1 by a USB flash drive.

Note: The USB/flash drive should be in FAT32 format, and it should be a STANDAR A USB.

Please let me know if you need help during the process.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

My Mac Notebook does not have USB port. I have not been able to do anything. I need further assistance.