cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP’s heartbeat loss occurring every 12 hours

r_mendoza85
New Contributor II

My AP’s are dropping out with “heartbeat loss” every 12 hours. This has been happening for nearly 3 months. Have done a hard reset and upgraded to most recent firmware. Any help is appreciated. Thank you. 

23 REPLIES 23

Hi @r_mendoza85 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response and the information you shared.

Apologies, we cannot perform the Switch upgrade when it is stuck in boot mode.

We need to use ethernet cable (both ends RJ45 plugs) and USB to type C cable together for the software recovery process as described in steps 2 & 3 in the guide link. Request you follow the same and perform the software recovery process. And please share the screenshots of the error (if any) and please share a picture showing the connections between Switch and the Laptop.

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Hello,

My switch has once again fallen into boot mode after a recent power outage. When I plug into the switch I am unable to execute any controls as the switch appears to delete any command I type in. Brief video is attached. Please advise of options to resolve.

4BC91D23-4210-47E5-AAD2-D49DE6B03D02_4_5005_c.jpeg

Hi @r_mendoza85 

Please share the video here: 

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/16lG-j0MSKzjqBJSY4rsgh4myUlseA9bz

Kind regards,

Sofia Gätjens

Hello,

I have uploaded the video to the link. 

IMG_0965.mov

r_mendoza85_0-1708573914098.png

Hi @r_mendoza85 

Thank you for the information provided.

After troubleshooting, it appears that your ICX-7150-C12P Switch is malfunctioning, and software recovery is not feasible as you're unable to execute any commands.  And you confirm that the Switch is plugged into a well-known outlet/power source. However, the failure persists. This Switch unit Should be RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) in simple words replacing it.

Feel free to contact us via chat, comment you already have a post, copy the link from the post (URL), and paste it into the chat to start the unit replacement.

Please follow the steps as shown in the below example:

As shown in the below picture, copy the link and share it via chat from the link provided below:

The below link is to contact us by chat (only)

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

Did I answer your queries? If yes, hit the Kudos buttons and also accept the answers as Accepted solutions.

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Kind regards,

Sofia Gätjens