cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP no longer has lights after switch replacement

Dylannn23
New Contributor II

Hi. I received a replacement switch which was working fine for a few days. Now after a few days my AP has no lights showing and the internet connection is no longer showing. Below is the status of the switch and the status of the AP

IMG_8052.jpeg

IMG_8053.jpeg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Dylannn23 

Greetings of the day!!!

Thank you for sharing the requested information.

Based on the troubleshooting done, your ICX-7150-C12P Switch is not working, and when the Access Points are plugged they are getting power for some time and goes back offline. It's an indication of Switch PoE port issues.  This Switch unit Should be RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) in simple words replacing it.

Feel free to contact us via chat, comment you already have a post, copy the link from the post (URL), and paste it into the chat to start the unit replacement.

Please follow the steps as shown in the below example:

As shown in the below picture, copy the link and share it via chat from the link provided:

The below link is to contact us by chat (only)

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

Did I answer your queries? If yes, hit the Kudos buttons and also accept the answers as Accepted solutions.

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21

Dylannn23
New Contributor II

Screenshot 2024-09-13 at 12.29.58 AM.png

Hi @Dylannn23 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response and the information you shared.

Could you please try to browse IP address of the Switch in a web browser and login?

You should see the Switch Dashboard as shown in the below screenshot to confirm it’s a Switch IP Address. 

Please check the other IP Addresses from the IP scan results, by the name of Ruckus Wireless or Brocade Communications to confirm the IP address of the Switch and try to login.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Hello. I am able to open the browser, but it will not let my sign in. I enter my username and password, but the login menu instantly pops up right away. I am using the same log in information as when I initially set up the Switch.

I checked the scan and there are no other devices by the name of "ruckus" or "brocade." Only the one I found which says icx7150

Hi @Dylannn23 

Thank you for the response and the information you shared.

Please try the Switch default credentials mentioned in the below:

Username: super

Password: sp-admin

If the above credentials don’t work, you can try below default credential combinations as well.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

After one of those combinations I was able to sign in and it required me to change the password. I am now on the general systems configuration page