cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3rd owner of Lennar home. Unable to set up Ruckus switch and AP

pantherx13
New Contributor

Previous owner couldn't get Ruckus to work and didn't use it.  Original owner disconnected all the cables.  Ruckus switch has power led green solid, rest of led's flashing amber after attempting a reset.  Both AP's in house have zero power it appears as no led's are lit up.  One blue cable labeled "dmarc" is connected to ONT port of ATT fiber gateway.  Remaining cables hanging in cabinet are red, blue, green, and one white.  Using a Mac computer.  Please advise.

Thank You

59 REPLIES 59

Hi @pantherx13 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response.

We have a guide link in the same software recovery guide I shared, previously and refer to other steps which are the same for both Windows and MAC. (Please refer to the below screenshot)

Please refer to the video below for TFTP configuration on MAC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iviyd91HntU

Please make sure the console into the RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch first in a separate terminal screen prior to turning on the Mac internal TFTP server.

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Hello,

I watched the Mac video you provided as well as went over the recovery instructions several times but is not making sense.  Can you please post screenshots or step by step instructions for what to enter into 1 terminal window and then the other terminal window?  Is there anyway to verify that this switch is even a working switch before going through all of this for possibly nothing?

Hi @pantherx13 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response and the information you shared.

Please follow the below guideline for the 1st Window of terminal and the video link I shared is for the 2nd Window. And once you do that, please follow the software recovery guide steps.

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-console-in-the-ICX-71...

May I please request, if you could arrange a Windows laptop, since this issue can be fixed very easily there? 

Apologies for any inconvenience.

Please check and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

I have followed your links and downloaded the driver on the silabs link and went to the link on ruckus you provided and downloaded that as well and installed.  I then entered the command prompts and received different info to add.  Responses varied from saying "screen is terminating" to saying "unknown command" to ICX7150-BoARP Retry count exceeded; starting again with a bunch of characters after it and flashing and weird noises.  Then something about a boot ping waiting for PHY auto negation to complete TIMEOUT Auto-neg error, defaulting to 10BT/HD Change GMAC speed to 10MB Using bcm_xgs_gmac-0 device ## Warning: gateway IP needed but not set

I have spent a tremendous amount of time trying to figure all this out.  You are asking me to get a windows device which I simply cannot do.  I do not know anybody who has one and cannot go buy one.  This has been an extremely frustrating situation to which I understand this is the only support being offered but it is really leaving me and what seems like many Ruckus users an awful experience with the brand.  Most people are average computer or internet users and do not know how to do a majority of the things being asked in these forums.  I appreciate your attempt at helping but just pasting the same information from other forum posts, a lot of it possibly outdated, does not seem to be helping.  Enough people have windows AND Mac computers that there should be step by step instructions listed separately with screen recording showing how to restore the software.  And if Ruckus is unwilling to help out an entire community of people who are experiencing these issues, at the very least they should offer paid technical support or a list of companies or IT people who are well versed in this product that we can reach out to.

Hi @pantherx13

Greetings!!!
Thank you for the response and the update on private chat. Apologies, I am unable to send this post via private chat since it exceeds the texts limit.

Great!!! The light status of the Switch and Access Points seems normal.

We may now need to factory reset the APs. Please follow the below process to factory reset your APs to configure them with a new SSID.

IMPORTANT NOTE: To perform a factory reset correctly on one of the access points, you must disconnect the rest of your other access points from the "ICX-7150-switch". For example, if you have 3 access points, you should go to the switch and disconnect 2 of the cables to turn off the "2 access points" and only leave 1 connected with which we are going to work the factory reset once you configure the access point and make sure all is good, go ahead and reconnect the other Access Points back.

Physical Factory Reset of RUCKUS Access Point:

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/Physical-Factory-Reset-an-Ac...

Ruckus Unleashed Set-up using Web:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8I5aVwMNMg

Password recovery setup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqnG8fupaLk

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi