cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3rd owner of Lennar home. Unable to set up Ruckus switch and AP

pantherx13
New Contributor

Previous owner couldn't get Ruckus to work and didn't use it.  Original owner disconnected all the cables.  Ruckus switch has power led green solid, rest of led's flashing amber after attempting a reset.  Both AP's in house have zero power it appears as no led's are lit up.  One blue cable labeled "dmarc" is connected to ONT port of ATT fiber gateway.  Remaining cables hanging in cabinet are red, blue, green, and one white.  Using a Mac computer.  Please advise.

Thank You

59 REPLIES 59

Hi @pantherx13 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response and the information you shared.

As your Switch is in a disconnected state on the Unleashed system, we may have to check some Switch configurations/details in order to get the Switch connected on the Unleashed.

Please follow the below steps to access CLI and get the output of the below-mentioned commands.

Please follow the below steps and help us with the queries,

1. To check this issue, we must identify the ‘current’ IP address assigned by your local router to the switch ICX-7150-C12P

I will leave you a guide on how to perform an IP scanner on your local network to identify the switch IP address very easily. 

How to find my Ruckus “Devices IP address” using free applications:

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-find-my-Ruckus-Device...

2. Once we identify the IP address of the switch proceed to access remotely to the device “Command Line” 

How to remotely access to 'ICX 7150-C12P' or 'access points' "Network devices":

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-remotely-access-to-IC...

If you can access the Command line should look like this:

ICX7150-C12 Router> OR

ICX7150-C12 Switch>

Please enter the below commands once you log in to CLI and share the output.

Note: Hit Enter to accept each command 

enable 

show version

show flash

show inline power 
show interface brief

Please share the output of the above commands or share the screenshots if stuck at any step or error (if any) and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again. We appreciate your patience and understanding. 

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I tried to remote access and received the following message...

Unable to negotiate with 'switch IP address' port 22: no matching key exchange method found. Their offer: diffie-hellman-group14-sha1,diffie-hellman-group1-sha1

I tried to figure out how to log in somehow or enable Telnet based on other posts I found and somehow in the process am now unable to log in to the web UI of ruckus unleashed, my ruckus phone app, or anything having to do with the ruckus.  When I try to reset password that is not working either.  Do I need to reset everything now?  Please advise what to do next... really hoping I do not have to start all this over...

Hi @pantherx13 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response and the detailed information you shared.

As you mentioned about the Telnet, could you please let me know if you can log into the CLI using the Telnet option? If yes, please perform the commands I shared in the previous post and share the outputs of the same.

We must fix the Switch issue and then we can check the Unleashed.

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I am unable to log into the Telnet option. When I enter the commands in terminal from your post and the link on how to remote access in it gives me the message I wrote in my previous post.

I also don't know what the username is to put for 

ssh ‘username’@’IP of the device’

I have tried "super" and everything listed in the commonly used list on the forums but I just tried again and am still getting the same response...

Unable to negotiate with xxx.xxx.x.xxx port 22: no matching key exchange method found. Their offer: diffie-hellman-group14-sha1,diffie-hellman-group1-sha1